• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo M10 OVS vs. Boondocker

G
Nov 28, 2007
Havre, MT
After almost two seasons on the snow, whos Turbo kit seems to be working the best on the M10s, I understand that almost everyones kit works well on the M8s but not nessisarily on the 1000s? I have alway said that when I go turbo I would go BD, but after doing a little research Im wondering if an OVS will be less temperomental. Im not real concearned about whos got the best power, as I am quite positive that any M10 on 10lbs of boost is going to be more than sufficient for what I am after. I want ease of tunability and to be able to tune and go, not having certain components to change out constantly like fuel pumps and blow off valves or fighting a control box. Any insite and experience to help me make my decision would be great.

J
Nov 27, 2007
My money and thus my vote is with OVS. Bought from them, bothered them with my tuning questions, spent a few days kicking around the shop getting in their way when I picked up my ride. Nothing to say except that Garr and Travis are the best and I am totally confident in their abilities to make ANY turbo (Hyper, Garret, blah...) run perfectly! You will not be let down. Jay-0

Dec 31, 2007
Hey guys,

Out of curiosity is there a website where a guy can get some information and prices about the OVS kit?

Thanks in advance

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
I second OVS. You could get the Boondocker, but it wont be worth a damn unless Stainger or Story go through it. I have an OVS turbo system and I 2nd the customer service comment from travis and garr. Both really cool guys. Funny though, the whole time I was picking there brains they never actually sat down and talked, they were workin haha :D

N
Nov 29, 2007
Truckee CA
i'm running ovs/stainger turbo on my 08 m1000. extremely happy with it. always runs good and very little tuning even when traveling 3 states away. the 2 biggest differences between bd and ovs kits are the intercooler and the fuel control box. pure logic box is extremely simple to use and unless your intercooler is mounted on top of your hood like a radiator getting constant air flow through it, it's gonna be more trouble than it's worth.

I
Nov 28, 2007
Orem, Utah
i'm running ovs/stainger turbo on my 08 m1000. extremely happy with it. always runs good and very little tuning even when traveling 3 states away. the 2 biggest differences between bd and ovs kits are the intercooler and the fuel control box. pure logic box is extremely simple to use and unless your intercooler is mounted on top of your hood like a radiator getting constant air flow through it, it's gonna be more trouble than it's worth.

I'm not quite sure i agree with this comment with regards to the intercooler. I had an M7Turbo without an intercooler and ran 14lbs of boost and was changing out reeds every other weekend. i have put over 600 miles on m y M8Turbo and just had to change them out this past weekend. The only variable was the intercooler.

I also put a fan on top of the intercooler and it flows air really well, especially when you are boondocking. The motor doesn't heat up nearly as fast.

it does seem like the ovs box is easier to use, however, the bd box on my m8 and m1000 worked really well.

just my opinion of course.

i must say that Brad Story is building me another turbo with purelogic box...

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
I'm not running a turbo, but Travis is one of the coolest guys i've worked with in the industry. He always takes care of me and answers all my questions. Great guy!

S
Nov 30, 2007
The Last Frontier
OVS has really set a mark here with what they've been doing to their customers. Its good to hear all the REPEATED comments about their Turbo tuning. I have yet to hear or read anything but what you just read above. Not just a satisfied customer but very happy and most or all that I have talked to are INFORMED as well. So you get the feeling those whom I have talked with are very credible Turbo Junkies now. I personally love the BD options and box, but you want something to work like you expect it all the time. What is the biggest issue with the BD T's ??

Premium Features