• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BIG DOG SHOOTOUT 2017

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
just a idea i thought of out of nowhere for the big dog shootout for 2017 that will help display all aspects of the machine and riders.
The proposed course will be laid out on a huge hill side with deep snow hopefully and would prefer atleas one section with fairly tight trees as to help with the manuverability of the machines.
we would start off the same line and shoot up to the first flag pole or whatever marker is chosen and have to make a full 360 aroud each marker then back down the mountain to the finish line.

IMG_2313.jpg

S
Feb 15, 2015
CO, western slope
I would just change it so you go to the right of 1, left of 2 and left of 3. Don't want to be crossing anyones path. I would also prefer to start something from a dead stop at the base of the hillside. It would be nice if it was dense and steep enough that we had to traverse up to some of check points, and then somehow avoid everyone taking the same line, like changing the checkpoints for different rounds.

Last edited:

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
I want to make it a full circle around each marker to show you the handling characteristics of the machine and crossing the path is the only way I see it possible. Only a suggestion of course tho.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
That would be killer in fresh and could only get better in the corners .

A snowmobile club was running barrels with an entry fee that went back to the winners and after the first run the protesting began so we gave the money back and ran against ourselves . It was a blast and the rougher it got the more fun it became .

I bet the foot break would be a bit of an advantage in this situation ?

The last turn that you have could also be interesting ? ................ WFO :face-icon-small-hap

One would think that a variety of courses would draw more riders , not everyone wants to run a motocross course when they are accustomed to boondocking .

Premium Features