• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Ski-Doo Summit speculation thread.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Anyone got their ear to the ground heard if SkiDoo will be releasing a replacement for the XM Chassis for 2017??
Rumors are floating around that there "Might" be something substantial coming our way in a few weeks.

Was it 2013 that the XM came out?

Does Ski-Doo run a 5 year cycle on their Chassis?

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
change...

2004 - rev chassis in mountain sled

2008 - XP chassis

2013 - XM chassis

If history repeats itself I would anticipate some changes either this year or next.

I hope they have something in there marketing bag! I own both an xm and axys and I am torn:face-icon-small-dis I couldn't say that after riding a pro.

I will be riding with a boosted axys this weekend....will see if this furthers the tear!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I suspect something is coming for 2017.
Just not SURE yet what it is.
I know the guys from the Magazine side of the business are headed up to Canada to go ride the new 2017 sled. But I don't sign any of the Non-Disclosure agreements so I am always at arm's-Length distance from what they know.

But you still hear things around the water cooler..:face-icon-small-hap

I think Ski-Doo has something coming for us.
Somebody here on the forums must have SEEN or HEARD something they can share...

J
Oct 15, 2013
Breckenridge, CO
With how well Axys has done sale wise, I'd hope that ski doo would jump the gun on their release a bit to try and sway the people trying to decide on a new sled. No change means an Axys for me as soon as the Doo is announced, a new Doo chassis means a Doo for me via snow check.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
History has shown us that BRP likes to put a new motor in the old chassis for one season because a new motor and new chassis sets them up for too many bugs. Once the motor proves it self for one year then look-out, 2018 they will have the sled to beat.

We all know that they have an E-Tec 2 in the boat motors. It is unclear if these new motors will need a battery or not.

If this new technology works best with a battery, then I expect to see it in a trail sled first. This may add another year before they release a real mountain sled with a new motor.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I think "someone" knows something, so spill the beans already! :D

Oh Yes.
They know NOW.
Last week was the Magazine preview week, so the editors have now ridden the new sleds and know exactly what will be released in a few weeks.

And soon everyone else will know as well.

promjene.jpeg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
As for me alone..
This is my personal best guess with absolutely NO inside information whatsoever.

I think Ski-Doo will release some variant of the E-Tec "G2" Engine.
They will advertise it as
The Cleanest 2-Stroke sled in the world.
The Lowest Emissions levels
The highest fuel economy
And that they will squeeze out a little more horsepower in some manner.

But I am also guessing we will NOT see a new chassis, or at least not a completely new one. Maybe some significant "tweaks" on the XM. But I don't think we will see both a new engine AND a new chassis at the same moment.

And coming from a die hard 4-stroke Yamaha guy, I am seriously considering this as my first ever 2-stroke sled.

snowcheck-logo.png

But I also think its not going to come cheap.
I think that a lot of riders will be TORN between getting a brand new 2016 at a KILLER PRICE with great financing and paying full retail to snow check a new 2017.

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
With how well Axys has done sale wise, I'd hope that ski doo would jump the gun on their release a bit to try and sway the people trying to decide on a new sled. No change means an Axys for me as soon as the Doo is announced, a new Doo chassis means a Doo for me via snow check.

its all about advertisement Look at who the ambassadors for Polaris are Keith Curtis/Burandt/Adams,..the list goes on and on and seen on every AD/Mag/Commercial ..and for Skidoo? Rassmussan?Great guy and can ride But in the past Talked more crap about skidoos... then they make him a Ambassador for them?? Time To step it up SKIDOO!!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
its all about advertisement Look at who the ambassadors for Polaris are Keith Curtis/Burandt/Adams,..the list goes on and on and seen on every AD/Mag/Commercial ..and for Skidoo? Rassmussan?Great guy and can ride But in the past Talked more crap about skidoos... then they make him a Ambassador for them?? Time To step it up SKIDOO!!

I'm 50 and I'll admit I may be a bit out of touch with how the target demographic make their buying decisions, but if they are making their decision based upon who the company pays to say good things about the product........Well, that makes me think you kids are dumber than ball sack skin hair sweat!

Last edited:
Premium Features