• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim/Motorfist Gear for my wife?

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I want to get my wife all new sled gear this year, in hopes I can get her out west to see what the hell I've been up to. I'm a Klim guy myself, but I'm open to other suggestions. Price is not an issue. I want the best stuff for her so that she enjoys the time she'll be on a sled.

The problem is, she's 5'8" and 110lbs and finding gear for her is difficult. She's an XS/S in everything. We're going to the US this weekend and I'm hoping I can get her to a few places to try on some gear.

What gear lineup should I be looking for? She needs a jacket/pants and boots. She has the base/mid layers already. She does not want bibs, but rather a freeride style pant.

Thank you for any/all suggestions.

agalen

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Helena, MT
look at the contessa line from motor fist...it's uninsulated and will work well w/ layering system. Klim does have a similar product though...so maybe whichever colors she likes best?

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
x2 for Motorfist. I Love motorfist, but that being said, try both on and see what fits. Each brand fits a bit differently so trying the gear on and identifying which feels best is crucial. The new Contessa line up is eVent, a wonderful waterproof membrane that keeps you warm and dry.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I found a place in Minnesota that has her sizes in stock, so we're driving down tonight, grabbing a hotel and trying it all out in the morning. Hopefully we can at least narrow down what works for her and order if it they don't have it in stock!

Please keep the feedback coming. She told me last night she's a little excited to get on a sled again, I'd like to roll with this and maybe I can get her out west this year. She's not aggressive on a sled and she's nervous about riding off trail. She'll trail ride all day long, but off trail is not her thing. Maybe I can help her kick that, who knows.

M

Momma

Jun 20, 2009
In the heart of the Kootenays BC
I found a place in Minnesota that has her sizes in stock, so we're driving down tonight, grabbing a hotel and trying it all out in the morning. Hopefully we can at least narrow down what works for her and order if it they don't have it in stock!

Please keep the feedback coming. She told me last night she's a little excited to get on a sled again, I'd like to roll with this and maybe I can get her out west this year. She's not aggressive on a sled and she's nervous about riding off trail. She'll trail ride all day long, but off trail is not her thing. Maybe I can help her kick that, who knows.

We have some Ladies rides happening all over Canada this year 88. Perhaps to get her confidence up, and passion fired, hook her up with some of our girls in SK and AB, or bring her over to BC to ride with us. We love starting new riders off, and set the stage for success, working with her comfort level and growing from there. check out www.thebetties.ca or find us on Facebook she can get to know some of the girls. There is a blog there as well, many new riders have been sharing their stories. I think you're on the right track though. You understand where she's at mentally, and want her to enjoy the sport. You're willing to dress her for success, which is another important step. A cold woman, is a cranky woman. When she does jump on a machine, make sure it's set up for her weight. Soften that baby right up. High five for getting your wife out there! That truly is awesome! :)

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
I want to get my wife all new sled gear this year, in hopes I can get her out west to see what the hell I've been up to. I'm a Klim guy myself, but I'm open to other suggestions. Price is not an issue. I want the best stuff for her so that she enjoys the time she'll be on a sled.

The problem is, she's 5'8" and 110lbs and finding gear for her is difficult. She's an XS/S in everything. We're going to the US this weekend and I'm hoping I can get her to a few places to try on some gear.

What gear lineup should I be looking for? She needs a jacket/pants and boots. She has the base/mid layers already. She does not want bibs, but rather a freeride style pant.

Thank you for any/all suggestions.

In all fairness, I have not worn anything but Klim. I love my Alpine bibs! They were perfect last year. For base layer I have really loved the recommendation I got in the Powder room last year for Snow Angels. http://www.snow-angel.com/shop-women.shtml Love both the light cybersilk and the midweight doeskin! They are so comfy warm and dry. :face-icon-small-hap

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We got her all set up thanks to UpNorthSports for making this the most positive retail experience I've ever had! Mike and his family are top notch and I've never seen so much stock as this place! http://www.upnorthsports.com/

Although she liked the colors/styling of the Motorfist stuff better, it just didn't fit properly.

Here's what we got:

Klim Alpine Parka
Klim Cascade Pants
Klim Aurora Boots
Klim Socks
Klim Allure Gloves
Klim Sundance Mid layer
Klim Peak Beanie
Divas Tech Balaclava

and I got myself the Klim Kodiak gear bag for coming out ;)

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
She's already talking about having her own sled again, so that's a huge bonus. At one point we had 4 sleds. I'll see what I can find for her ;)

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
We got her all set up thanks to UpNorthSports for making this the most positive retail experience I've ever had! Mike and his family are top notch and I've never seen so much stock as this place! http://www.upnorthsports.com/

Although she liked the colors/styling of the Motorfist stuff better, it just didn't fit properly.

Here's what we got:

Klim Alpine Parka
Klim Cascade Pants
Klim Aurora Boots
Klim Socks
Klim Allure Gloves
Klim Sundance Mid layer
Klim Peak Beanie
Divas Tech Balaclava

and I got myself the Klim Kodiak gear bag for coming out ;)

Not only do I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Klim gear, but they have absolutely the BEST customer service!!! :thumb: They are quick to respond, lightning fast to ship and actually really do stand behind all of their gear!

GO KLIM! :cheer2:

Premium Features