• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What was the fix for broken hood latches?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I was closing my hood and I see both little "teets" that the rubber hood closure hooks to are broken off. I thought I saw a small square aluminum plate with a similar "teet" that mounts in the same spot as the originals. Does anyone have a link for these or perhaps have a better "decent looking" fix?

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Take the old seat studs from like an 09 M seat and use them for new latches. Just sand down the existing hood tabs and drill a hole for the seat posts, then bolt on the inside of the hood. Easy, cheap and looks good. I don't see $50 worth of anything out of the mod rods hood tabs, looks like scrap they had laying in their shop. Its a good idea but not worth 50 bucks IMO.

M

mezz250x

Feb 1, 2008
Dassel, MN
Or just grind off the broken stuff so there's a flat surface. Then drill an undersized hole down at a slight angle, thru the hood and press in small roll pins. Don't spend money on some big bulky alum things. Roll pins work awesome as they essentially lock in place with spring pressure. I used 1/8" diameter pins, about an inch long so there was some good strength. Can't get pics of mine to load.

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
i just used a couple of button head wood screws....slightly undersized drill bit, lined up an angle that was the same as the one the plastic probe on the hood....been in there for two years with no problem..

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I ended up using two seat studs as suggested above. They work great but, I had to sand the area smooth to mount them and now I need some touch up paint.

Premium Features