• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Error Code 17

M
Dec 21, 2007
Bend, Oregon
I have a 2009 M1000 with only 300 miles. I had an error code 17 on the gauge and found out that it was the exhaust senser. Got it replaced under warranty and went riding last weekend. 2 hour into the ride the error code came back up. Can anyone tell me what is going on. Thanks

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
Its probably a bad connection at connector or a bad wire, also m10s tend to shake pretty bad at idle which can also cause the wires to break in the sensor. If connections and wires are good I would turn up the idle to around 2200 so it doesnt shake so much at idle and replace it with the GM sensor if this one is not covered by cat.

Last edited:
F
Mar 19, 2010
North Dakota
Also if you run a after market can the dealer told me the vibrations from that can throw that code, samething happened to my m8, dealer tested my sensor and tested fine, I hav'nt been able to ride to see if it's cured but ideling with stock can for 15 min nothing shows. good luck

M

mr p-j

Feb 17, 2008
make sure that the sensor don´t hit the air bonnet under the hood bending it.

Premium Features