• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boards on rmk assault

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Approx the same as the RMK's from 2010... I believe that the Assault '10 boards are slightly shorter than the '10 RMK boards.... I'm sure F-Bomb can elaborate.

The 2010 boards are shorter than the 2011 boards (I think that is what you meant). I don't think they are any wider than the 2010 sleds though. Just better snow evacuation.

L
Feb 13, 2010
nl, canada
the width, especially around the footwell area is my concern, i know the narrow boards are better overall especially in deep snow but with a size 14 klim boot all your weight is rested on the outside edge of the board with a inch or so over the side, besides being uncomfortable, on jumps and drops while standing could get a little sketchy at times, dealers in my area didn't get the spring tour and no assaults of any year in inventory. I rode an 09 assault this winter and sort of think the boards seemed ok, wider than my 09 dragon anyway:face-icon-small-con
does anybody kwow the width of the assault board just back of the toe holds?

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
The new lower lug Better Boards make the footwell the same level all the way out to the edge rails which is waay more comfy. I would think worst case you could add those if necessary and get the added snow evac too!

Last edited:

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Had the PRO in testing yesterday! Oh my are we going to sell A MILLION SETS OF BETTER BOARDS! Well ok not a million but we will sell A SET to every owner of the new PRO that had our product on the IQ RAW! That is FOOOOO SHOOOOOO and that makes me happy. It should for you also so we can stay in biz and keep providing you with this excellent product! The benies really come up front where you mostly ride and of course for the fact that the tiny openings just don't cut it for anything less the champagne snow.

Guys with big feet who are clamoring for wide boards...PLEASE find someone who has a set of 2010 version Better Boards on the IQ RAW and test it. (they are all the same between the the chassis) You will see that with superior traction and the fact that you aren't trying to balance your control on an iceberg that you just put your foot down and ride. After a few rides your muscle memory develops to this new board and riding positions and you are good to go.

Once again this is the sweetest all around performing stock sled ever put out bar none. Terrible quick sand soupy spring snow (over 70*) and it's still a blast to ride around on.

attachment.php

2011 Pro needs Better Boards.JPG

L
Feb 13, 2010
nl, canada
Had the PRO in testing yesterday! Oh my are we going to sell A MILLION SETS OF BETTER BOARDS! Well ok not a million but we will sell A SET to every owner of the new PRO that had our product on the IQ RAW! That is FOOOOO SHOOOOOO and that makes me happy. It should for you also so we can stay in biz and keep providing you with this excellent product! The benies really come up front where you mostly ride and of course for the fact that the tiny openings just don't cut it for anything less the champagne snow.

Guys with big feet who are clamoring for wide boards...PLEASE find someone who has a set of 2010 version Better Boards on the IQ RAW and test it. (they are all the same between the the chassis) You will see that with superior traction and the fact that you aren't trying to balance your control on an iceberg that you just put your foot down and ride. After a few rides your muscle memory develops to this new board and riding positions and you are good to go.

Once again this is the sweetest all around performing stock sled ever put out bar none. Terrible quick sand soupy spring snow (over 70*) and it's still a blast to ride around on.

attachment.php

f-bomb would it be possible for you to measure the width( tunnel to outside edge of board ) of the boards right below the toe hold and also if you can give me the same for the better boards, thanks in advance, dealer is of no help, also if someone has this measurement of the old 2010 assault boards

Premium Features