• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Contacts

H
Nov 29, 2007
I am wondering what the best kind of contacts to get are?* I just recently said bye to glasses and switched to contacts and so far the Doc has me putting in a new pair everyday and throwing them away right away.* It seems kinda redicilous that I will be going threw 100 dollars of contacts in a month.* Is there anything that I should know that the Doc isnt telling me?* Also whats going to happen during the winter with these, will they freeze up?* Thanks for any help.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
They won't freeze up. I used to wear contacts all the time... snowmobiling, everything. I always had soft contacts, some extended wear, some disposables, some daily wear. When I spoke with my doctor he said I could wear the disposables for several days if I remember right, as long as I disinfected them each night just like regular ones, but if they got uncomfortable to ditch them for a new pair. My contacts got buildup FAST. He said the difference between the "keepers" and the disposables I had was that the keepers (reuse contacts) were cut on a lathe and the disposables were formed or molded, but they were the same material.

Huge disclaimer - I am not a doctor, and I don't play one on TV. :) Ask your doc about this, possibly other docs, as your eyes and your lenses are probably not the same as mine.

I think you will love them tho.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
I also am not a doctor, but here's my poor example of how to wear them :eek:

I've been wearing the disposable night&day style contacts the last couple years. can't remember the exact brand etc.. but I like them.

I've kept them in for months at a time. Doc says it isn't the greatest thing to do, but at my last check-up said i've had no negative side effects from doing so. He said everyone is different as to how they can wear contacts and the amount of time.

He says ideally to wear them for a couple days, clean them and re-use. and said a pair will last several weeks. I've certainly proved the several weeks part!!

Honestly though, can't wait to get lasiks (sp) procedure done someday.

M

Mike562

Dec 1, 2007
Lasik, Had it done back when it was expensive and it was still the best money i have ever spent. I was spending about 800 per year on glasses and contacts and I think you can get lasik for that now so 1 year you are even and man is it great not to have to mess with glasses or contacts.

Premium Features