• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Greetings

A
Apr 19, 2012
My auto gen first PM suggests an intro post.

I live in commonly snowless central Maryland. There are actually 3000' elevations in western MD only 2 1/2 hours away. I ride 1000 - 2000 miles a year mostly trail riding in Quebec. Every 7 years we get a storm of the century and inspect local roadways and watering holes via sled (yes I have several local friends who are dumb enough to join me and own sleds). I've owned all 4 but like my Yammy 4 stroke and have an interest in extending my sled, 07 Attak GT, for more crossover and off trail capabilities - a homebrew XTX.

I obsess all year about planning my primary 10 day long trip. We primarily saddlebag and this past year we found a few off-trail playgrounds that we are underequipped for.

No matter what I'm doing, I'd rather be snowmobiling. Well almost.

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
:welcome: to the 4m. I spent a few years in the Baltimore - DC area. Was before I got into sleds but don't remember a lot of snow. You must travel a lot to get that many miles a year on a sled.

A
Apr 19, 2012
Most miles ever in one day for me was the '96 storm that hit Baltimore. We rode the roads from 6:30a Sunday until 4a Monday. 475 miles. Many stops along the way including bars around Camden Yards, the Inner Harbor, and Fells Point. We pushed people out of ditches, delivered pizzas to Shock Trauma, and ran out of gas multiple times.

In 2003 (7 years later) we rode to Pickles Pub again 125 miles in 4 hours.

In 2010 we rode 250 miles including downtown BMore again.

I normally have twice as many miles trailering as riding. This year it was almost equal. Missed out on the freak storm due to work obligations as western MD got 10" plus Sun-Monday.

Premium Features