• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New here, come and meet me.

Dec 25, 2009
My name is Kerry.

I am 24 years old, and have been building motors since I was 7 with my dad.

My firs was a 3.5 HP Briggs on a Hahn Eclipse lawn mower that my grandfather gave to me. It needed piston rings in a bad way.

About 10 years ago, I started working on German cars, mostly Volkswagens and Audis- with a special interest in rally-sport.

I learned how to drive at a rally school here in northern NH, under the tutelage of Tim O'Neil.

The knowledge I gained from there has vastly helped me learn the quirks of my snow machine.

My first accomplishment that I am happy with is the partial completion of my 1991 VW GTI.

The car started out life as a gutless 108BHP hatchback grocery getter with 159,000 miles (when I bought it.) It needed everything. Brakes, ball joints, tie rod ends, rear control arm bushings, front control arm bushings, shocks and springs, wheel bearings, wheels, tires, and a paint job.

The car has since been repainted, with the above list fixed and added to.

The current specs:

1.8L 8v turbocharged G60 engine (from a VW corrado) with ARP stuff everywhere, forged everything, with a 3" exhaust stem to stern.

It makes about 300BHP at the front wheels, and gets 9MPG in town and about 17MPG on the highway with gears to over 160 MPH.

On with the pictures.

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

I am currently rebuilding one of these:

1983 Audi Coupe Quattro

It will have about 500AWHP when finished.

1985CQ.jpg

With the same engine as this car:

Inline 5 cylinder 20 valve turbo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkXJST4bExs

My winter beater is a 1993 Audi 90CSQ AWD with locking differentials.

The sled I just bought is a 1994 Polaris XLT special. I love it, the thing has more power than I will ever need. I have no pictures of it right now, but will get some hosted ASAP.

Hope to have a good time here, and happy sledding.

Last edited:
Premium Features