• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest is Dying

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Forum participation must be at an all time low for the “powers that be” to offer these pennies on the dollar prices! Looks like censorship has backfired once again. Guess they / you did not learn anything from the example the TotallyYamaha forum gave you. Your editing policies (30 day time limit), censorship, and advertiser protection polices will kill this forum unless they / you see fit to change them for the better (in other words, free speech).

There is nothing “Correct” about the notion of being “Politically Correct”!

It is just a lame excuse / justification for censorship.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Forum participation must be at an all time low for the “powers that be” to offer these pennies on the dollar prices! Looks like censorship has backfired once again. Guess they / you did not learn anything from the example the TotallyYamaha forum gave you. Your editing policies (30 day time limit), censorship, and advertiser protection polices will kill this forum unless they / you see fit to change them for the better (in other words, free speech).

There is nothing “correct” about the notion of being “Politically Correct”!

It is just a lame excuse / justification for censorship.
Nope
The "Powers that Be" at Harris Publishing had absolutely nothing to do with this sale.

I decided entirely on my own to try something different and see what happened, and the results have been nothing short of EXPLOSIVE.

People wanted a deal, and they got one they couldn't pass up.

And as for the "Example" of Totally Yamaha.
You have GOT TO BE KIDDING me.

Right this moment.
https://ty4stroke.com/forums/
Members Online Now

Total: 231 (members: 46, guests: 149, robots: 36)

===

As compared to SnoWest.
https://www.snowest.com/forum/
<table class="tborder" align="center" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="10" border="0"><thead><tr><td class="tcat" colspan="2">
</td></tr> </thead> <tbody><tr><td class="thead" colspan="2"> Currently Active Users: 8,746 (1,382 members and 7,364 guests) </td></tr> </tbody> <tbody id="collapseobj_forumhome_activeusers" style=""><tr><td class="alt2"></td><td class="alt1" width="100%"> Most users ever online was 49,602, 02-10-2015 at 10:00 PM.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

There are THIRTY SEVEN TIMES more people on SnoWest right now.

==============

Oh
And please stop with the bull crap about "30 days" of editing.
Its been 90 days for as long as I can remember.

Time Limit on Editing of Posts
Time limit (in minutes) to impose on editing of messages. After this time limit only moderators will be able edit or delete the message. 1 day is 1440 minutes.
129600 Minutes

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
My point is that SW is dieing and reasons why. Comparing current total users was not my point at all. It is the slow steady spiral of death and the causes.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My point is that SW is dyeing and reasons why. Comparing current total users was not my point at all. It is the slow steady spiral of death and the causes.

This is why the forums are less intense than they were 10 years ago my friend. We are members of a CONTRACTING sport that is neither growing nor holding it's own. We are shrinking and aging, year after year. We peaked 20 years ago.. Snowmobiling is an AWESOME SPORT, but it is also VERY EXPENSIVE and the barrier to entry is VERY HIGH for a new member to join.

1718_1600.jpg

2015 = 58,229
2016 = 56,006

Add It Up
Add all of the figures up, and worldwide sales of new snowmobiles totaled 126,972 units compared to 150,713 in the 2015 selling season. It’s the lowest number the snowmobile market has put together since 123,063 units were sold in 2011.

Now, factor in the rise in Social Media, and HUNDREDS of new snowmobile oriented media sites and there is no way that a traditional "Forum" will ever hold the level of traffic that it once did. We are still the "600lb Gorilla" of Snowmobiling, but the Jungle has gotten smaller over the last 10 years..

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
This is why the forums are less intense than they were 10 years ago my friend. We are members of a CONTRACTING sport that is neither growing nor holding it's own. We are shrinking and aging, year after year. We peaked 20 years ago.. Snowmobiling is an AWESOME SPORT, but it is also VERY EXPENSIVE and the barrier to entry is VERY HIGH for a new member to join.

1718_1600.jpg

2015 = 58,229
2016 = 56,006

Add It Up
Add all of the figures up, and worldwide sales of new snowmobiles totaled 126,972 units compared to 150,713 in the 2015 selling season. It’s the lowest number the snowmobile market has put together since 123,063 units were sold in 2011.

Now, factor in the rise in Social Media, and HUNDREDS of new snowmobile oriented media sites and there is no way that a traditional "Forum" will ever hold the level of traffic that it once did. We are still the "600lb Gorilla" of Snowmobiling, but the Jungle has gotten smaller over the last 10 years..

Justify it whatever way helps you sleep at night. As I see it your policies are a part of the problem not the solution; at least for me personally.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Justify it whatever way helps you sleep at night. As I see it your policies are a part of the problem not the solution; at least for me personally.
he he he he
Ya, don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm not trying to justify anything.
Just relating some of the hard cold facts of the entire industry as a whole.
This forum is just a microcosm of the larger snowmobiling universe.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I personally have no problem with the processes of the forum. I do see the decline of use. My personal frustration is more with sno west specifically then the forum. It used to be sno west was a trusted friend to snowmobilers. They would run the newest and best against each other and name a winner. If a product struggled they would call it out. Now to figure these things out you must read between the lines because we don't want to take a chance on offending an advertiser. Just like everything else these days it's about money. At a time when the manufactures are expecting us to pluck down 15k based on a picture, it would be nice to have someone you can trust for the facts.

I hurt my knee getting off my soap box, I'm done ranting!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I personally have no problem with the processes of the forum. I do see the decline of use. My personal frustration is more with sno west specifically then the forum. It used to be sno west was a trusted friend to snowmobilers. They would run the newest and best against each other and name a winner. If a product struggled they would call it out. Now to figure these things out you must read between the lines because we don't want to take a chance on offending an advertiser. Just like everything else these days it's about money. At a time when the manufactures are expecting us to pluck down 15k based on a picture, it would be nice to have someone you can trust for the facts.

I hurt my knee getting off my soap box, I'm done ranting!!!

While I am NOT a part of the Magazine, when I do product reviews and installations here on the forums, I try really hard to be BRUTALLY HONEST with what works and what fails.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Nice try to save face but its too little too late

Christopher magically pulls the deleted posts out of his AZZ nearly 24 hours after Censoring the original thread by deleting both our posts. My point of view stands.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
BS to Your calling BS, Yes I'm calling you a LIAR!

Oh
And please stop with the bull crap about "30 days" of editing.
Its been 90 days for as long as I can remember.
[/SIZE]
Time Limit on Editing of Posts
Time limit (in minutes) to impose on editing of messages. After this time limit only moderators will be able edit or delete the message. 1 day is 1440 minutes.
129600 Minutes

When I penned that "30 days" originally; I checked my build thread that I had been posting nearly daily updates to. The Edit button was gone from the post I made 31 days prior and was still there on the post that was only 29 days prior! So Bullsh!t on your calling Bullsh!t! You must have the same convenient memory disfunction as Ronald Regan.

Regardless of whatever you changed the time limit to since my original beef with it. There is zero need for an Editing time limit at all!

I'd trust you as far as I can throw one of your Yamaha's. Enough said! You have ZERO credibility with me!

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
he he he he
Ya, don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm not trying to justify anything.
Just relating some of the hard cold facts of the entire industry as a whole.
This forum is just a microcosm of the larger snowmobiling universe.

Yeah, sled sales are down. Yeah, Social Media has taken a bite outta your business. BOO HOO!

But your Policy of Protecting Paying Advertisers (Many of which business practices and products are borderline Criminal); by deleting true experiences posted by the members is just wrong.

Censoring Posts because you don't agree with the poster is also wrong. Much like you did to my posts; then you got some semblance of Ballz back and pulled them outta your AZZ and reposted here 24 hours later because I shamed you into it in another thread; is also just wrong.

You can whine and cry and post "Facts" that soothe your fragile male ego, but your policies are contributing / speeding the decline of participation. Regardless of how cheap you drop the membership rates, once the members see the real SnoWest Forum they will puke in their mouth and look elsewhere, your choice.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher magically pulls the deleted posts out of his AZZ nearly 24 hours after Censoring the original thread by deleting both our posts. My point of view stands.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
I PULLED this entire conversation out of the other thread and gave you a dedicated platform to Bitch and Moan where any and all would have full access to see and participate.

I Censored NOTHING whatsoever.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
When I penned that "30 days" originally; I checked my build thread that I had been posting nearly daily updates to. The Edit button was gone from the post I made 31 days prior and was still there on the post that was only 29 days prior! So Bullsh!t on your calling Bullsh!t! You must have the same convenient memory disfunction as Ronald Regan.

Regardless of whatever you changed the time limit to since my original beef with it. There is zero need for an Editing time limit at all!

I'd trust you as far as I can throw one of your Yamaha's. Enough said! You have ZERO credibility with me!

NEWS FLASH GENIUS.
There has ALWAYS BEEN A TIME LIMIT on editing of posts on SnoWest.
LONG before I came onboard 10 years ago.

It is INHERENT and HARD CODED into the underlying software that powers the forums. When a thread moves into ARCHIVE it can not be edited by anyone, myself included. That is the nature of vBulliten.

We can lengthen and shorten it within a fixed window, but every single thread will get LOCKED DOWN after it sits still for a while. Its just how the software works.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yeah, sled sales are down. Yeah, Social Media has taken a bite outta your business. BOO HOO!

But your Policy of Protecting Paying Advertisers (Many of which business practices and products are borderline Criminal); by deleting true experiences posted by the members is just wrong.

Censoring Posts because you don't agree with the poster is also wrong. Much like you did to my posts; then you got some semblance of Ballz back and pulled them outta your AZZ and reposted here 24 hours later because I shamed you into it in another thread; is also just wrong.

You can whine and cry and post "Facts" that soothe your fragile male ego, but your policies are contributing / speeding the decline of participation. Regardless of how cheap you drop the membership rates, once the members see the real SnoWest Forum they will puke in their mouth and look elsewhere, your choice.

Damn.
If you weren't so freaking IGNORANT you would be funny.
November 2017 has been the 3rd best month in the forum's history.
"Bite outta business?"

Have you lost your ever loving mind.

Dear God, Please, let every single month for the next 10 years be like this month has been.
If this is a BITE OUTTA BUSINESS, I want MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE of it!

==

And I am still clueless about this rant of your's about censorship.
I never deleted or censored any of your posts complaining about SnoWest dieing.
I MOVED every single one of them, all of which where in PLAIN OPEN VIEW in the Black Friday/Cyber Monday Thread". Seriously dude, you're having a mental breakdown and seeing phantoms that don't exist. You are IMAGINING me doing things I haven't done.

Premium Features