• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which Tank Console To Use On 2003 Pro-X With Big Tank?

B

bisonboy02

Apr 4, 2003
Fort McMurray, Canada
I want to install the bigger tank on my 2003 Pro-x and I am not sure of which console to use? Does anyone have any pics of the set-up? Do I use the stock console and cut it to fit the tank...
I am also installing oil injection and I purchased the oil bottle bracket from the 2003 pro-x 600 but the oil bottle does not sit properly on the bracket and sits too far towards the motor.
I searched the forum and couldn`t find anything.
Any help would be great

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
prox

I made this conversion on my 03 440 when I built the 660 for it. I used the ProX 600 oill bottle and console for the "trail" tank. The 600 bottle has a bracket for the bigger fuel pump that is used with the flat slide carbs. I also used the oil tank bracket for a rmk if I remember correct. I ended up making a tab for the top mount of the oil bottle to bolt to. I bent the pull starter loop on the steering hoop up out of the way. Used pull rope guide off a RMK. Here are a couple of pictures that may help. RMK air box and stock ProX steering post and motor straps. SLP twins because they didn't make a single for a ProX 600. RMK seat and modified rear rack. 156x2 camoplast and RMK rear suspension and all important U cooler. This sled also has the "tube" style drive shaft like the IQs use.
Gary

ProX 004.jpg ProX 003.jpg ProX 001.jpg ProX 002.jpg

Last edited:
C
Dec 22, 2007
northeastern mn
03 440 big tank

The 03 big tank kits are hard to find. The 04 pro xr 800 used the parts of 03 440 big tank kit. Console and tank hold down. Tank hold down mounts on steering hoop and has mounting hole for hand/thumb warmer switch. Hope this helps.

K

knee deep in it

Nov 21, 2007
calgary
i cut the stock console on my 04 pro-xr.

One of the best upgrades I did was to install a rev seat and tank. The tank fits awesome on with very little trimming of the stock pro-xr console. he seat was much higher than the edge seat.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
On the 03 you can also use the over the tank console like the Pro X and Pro x2 use. along with the tank from that sled. In my opinion it makes the whole thing look cleaner.

Premium Features