• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Extra Fuel for TS ST

W
I have a 2016 Timbersled MH ST and the original fuel can (Mountain Addiction I believe) seems to have failed. I have gas every where and the can still seems to be leaking even though it's only half full. My question is where can I get a fuel can that fits the original mount and is EPA/CARB compliant? I would like at least a 3 gallon can. TIA

W
Over 100 views and no suggestions. I guess I now know why I'm having such a hard time finding something; it doesn't seem to exist. My next option was to use the factory mount for an accessories bag and weld a custom mount for whatever gas can I decide on. If anyone knows of a good can please let me know before I break out the welder. Thanks

A
Nov 14, 2017
I have a 2016 Timbersled MH ST and the original fuel can (Mountain Addiction I believe) seems to have failed. I have gas every where and the can still seems to be leaking even though it's only half full. My question is where can I get a fuel can that fits the original mount and is EPA/CARB compliant? I would like at least a 3 gallon can. TIA

You can still get the mountain addiction ones:

https://hfxmotorsports.com/products...MI1ersgpb13wIVyR6tBh1AGwX0EAYYAyABEgIr0_D_BwE

I moved to the two smaller jugs. Two small jugs fit in the same space as the one big one. I just find the smaller ones easier to handle.

I don't think they are approved as fuel containers... but who cares. Its just a designation.

Last edited:

HenryTheHammer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2017
Salt Lake City, UT
We've been using cheapos from harbor freight for the last three years and the things have been flawless. 2.5 gallons with a safety pour and auto shutoff, they're great. I think they were less then $20 each. Needed something in a hurry while I shopped for a more permanent solution and I never replaced them...

T
Feb 1, 2010
Entiat, WA
I think that determining how the can failed is an important first step. I haven't heard of any problems with the Mountain Addiction cans, but that's just within my circle. I like the 3.3 gallon capacity, but I still have the motocross tank on my bike so I need all I can get.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
inch'n forward

picture.php
picture.php

Bikes and sleds the key for me is hauling the gas as far forward on the bike as possible. I have built several configurations and this is the best so far. This is a TUFF JUG about 3 gallons. Three years on this jug and mount. My riding partner has this same pan/jug on his 19ARO. He had to mod the pan a little after taking it off his older TS kit, but fits fine.

Dan folded up the pans at work, slots on the back of the pan allow mounting with 3 hose clamps, one stretchy strap of your favorite color and its good for bumps/moguls and knifing through the brush,

Last edited:
W
I think that determining how the can failed is an important first step. I haven't heard of any problems with the Mountain Addiction cans, but that's just within my circle. I like the 3.3 gallon capacity, but I still have the motocross tank on my bike so I need all I can get.

I haven't figured out how the can failed. I'm leaning towards the fact that it suffers thru both extreme temp variations (>100F in the summer with <0 in the winter), along with going from 4900ft at the house to over 10,000ft where I normally ride. Between those two things I believe the can is being forced to excessively flex due to expansion/contraction.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
the MA can thing is funny everyone in my group (4) leak
MA are super cool but i got the typical dealer response
"We've never heard of that before"

maybe its me :face-icon-small-dis

cheapo cans seem to seal better sadly

Premium Features