• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen 2 changes by year?

rmking700

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2014
Utah
Hey guys I looked through the threads and may have missed it but does angry have info as far as what was changed and left the same each year? I know (or at least think I do!) That the 97,98 700 rmks and 600 twins I think as well were chassis and suspension wise the same as the 99, and? I've heard talk of a taller spindle in these years compatible with the 97,98? When did those come into effect? I think I've seen the 00,01 models with an updated tunnel, like the edge ? Do these years use the board cooler tubes? Also was the any year that had more track clearance in the tunnel.than others? Did they all use the same chain case? I think it would be good to have a go to thread for over laps and.questions like these. To explain my reasoning I'm looking to refresh my back up sled a little and I'm wanting to go to a pro ride chassis skid and track ( possibly a 3" track down the road) but I want to accomplish a few things at the same time, 1. Move the post and foot wells forward as much as I can, maybe even a vertical post with a u joint to accommodate it. 2. Slide the tank up as much as possible and go to a boss high rise( I think I've seen the edge be compatible with the 2 piece seat and tank on the 00,01 sleds? With the exception of a wedge to fit the kick up from the edge chassis) 3. Updated tunnel coolers ( doo or u cooler of some sorts?) 4. Drop and.roll or ?? (I want to get the best approach angle and track clearance enough to fit a 3" with ease, maybe remove front tunnel coolers? ) anyone have a template for this? I'm pay pal ready! Also heard of people using the edge case? Anyone have any insight as to how much that would give me over just drop.and.roll the stock? Or even a belt drive? Anyone adapt one to a genny yet? 5. New boards from an axys or pro chassis depending on what fits better. Pro ride has a taller rear mount. I absolutely love these boards! I would also likely tie the outer fronts into the steering hoop.and tunnel as they do on there factory sleds. 6. Would be to update the suspension, good shocks up front and anything that is available to correctly lift the front and allow it to function correctly to compliment the pro ride skid. I believe manowar built a sled a few years back with an iq skid that is very close to the pro ride with the exception of the torsional type springs on the back. If he or anyone else that's updated similar has any input I'd love to hear it! Lastly the sled would have the "wedge" 97.98 style bottom pan and.hood. I know it's a fairly easy swap for the 99 sleds and I assume it's the same for the 00,01? I love the wedge looks and I have a mint bottom pan and hood begging to go on. I guess I failed to mention the sled is a 99 700 stock as can be.

O

olymon

If you have a wedge chassis you can swap in an edge chain case to give you an easy drop and roll. Makes for quite a bit of room in the tunnel. I run a 1 3/4" track and can put my arm up between the track and tunnel. Not sure you could run a 3" but a used 2.6 might fit and be cheaper too.

Making JIS screws into junk

Both the boss and wrp edge seats will fit the gen 2 tank. I have a wrp on mine and I love it. No wedge needed at all. The bolt on the back takes the seat flat to the tunnel. It is a little gapped on the tank but still looks good and made it a whole new sled. Also the easiest way I can think to get a more forward post would be get a wildchild steering post with a t top and use pivot risers to make it straight up. That's what I did.

Premium Features