• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rhino 650 reviews / actual use

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Calibrate?
Doe this mean i will have to read the manual? Lol
Is the standard map ok, or do i need to upgrade?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

Must be newly available.
That wasn't on the Garmin site last time I looked.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Calibrate? As in the touch screen or something else?

I have the landowner chip for choosing and hunting.
That's a HUGE help when hunting in checkerboard land.

Communicating with other people and seeing where they are is just great.

Their is a calibrate function for the compass part of it. Makes ya spin it and roll it etc... It always takes me a few minutes to remember where to find that process every year, but its there. Haha.

Go into "Setup" then to "heading" and youll see compass calibration.

Last edited:

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
I'll second everyone elses good reviews. My wife and I bought rhino 650 a couple years ago. I have had a garmin 60csx for many years so when it came time to replace our old motorola walkie talkies, going to the garmin rhino 650 didn't take much contemplation as my 60csx has proven itself summer and winter. The rhino have had great battery life, and touchscreens have worked great. That was the only thing i wondered about in the cold but no issues so far.

We mount them on ram balls and cradles. Mine on a snowbike and wifes on a sled. Also use them on dirtbikes and atvs (though less need sinse we have helmet communication for summertime plus one is limited to following trails vs going anywhere like on the snow.

When she pages me, it is loud enough to here over the snowbike. Then i can stop and turn off the bike and talk. Being able to push your location works great. Wish you could pull a persons location (if they were hurt or could not get to the rhino or simply forgot or of they were still riding and you just wanted to know where they were or were heading).

Or maybe if there was a way to set them up so you could push your location to everyone at set time intervals like every 5 or 10 minutes.

I like that when someone pushes their location, it is not only their location, but also there tracks. That way, you can see how they got someplace since a straight line betweeen you and them is often NOT the route you want to take. Ha.

Definite thumbs up.

Premium Features