• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

One cylinder loading up on fuel 02 800 RMK

D
Dec 22, 2008
Alright guys, first off, I want to thank everyone that replied and gave us ideas. We ended up putting a new piston in it since we had that side off.

Turns out, everything we tried, the one thing that was always the same was the air box. I pulled the little breather tube off and wala, it runs great! There was a damn chunk of silicone in the breather fitting. We spent countless hours on this damn thing, put a $85 float assembly in and a new piston, and all it was was this! Very relieved to have this over. At one point, we felt like we could have put a new motor in and we would have had the same problem. Well, that would have actually been true if we would have used the same air box.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 19
W

w browning

Mar 21, 2009
I think I mentioned that in post 14, I fought an old xlt for about two weeks with a plugged vent. Did everything you did but the piston. Glad you found it!!

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Wow, didn't see that one! Great catch! Glad you finally figured it out and thanks for letting us know, might save the next guy a bunch of grief.

S
Feb 7, 2023
New England
I know this is late to this chat as it ended a few years ago, but I too had the same issue described by the OP. Turns out, it was infact the vent hose on the rack carbs. Didn't want to believe it as its something so simple. I did many things that the OP did. I unplugged and instantly made a difference. Thought I had them good and cleaned. I was wrong (sshhhhh don't tell my wife) Plugged the hose back in and sure enough, it ran like crap. That was to solidify the issue. Thanks to all of you who gave ideas. You helped someone out years after the issue, and this is really to let anyone else know, try the hose FIRST!

Premium Features