• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

right hand carve bog down

W
Sep 3, 2008
When the powder is anything above about knee deep and we are out playing in some open meadows making turn after turn after turn, pretty soon i have so start making 2 left hand carves to every 1 right hand carves because my sled bogs down on the exhaust port side. I know this isn't uncommon in really deep snow but is there anyway to fix this problem?

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Make sure to silcone around the the pipe where it exits the belly pan. Also make sure that the little metal deflector in front of where the pipe sticks out of the belly pan has not been folded flat from hitting things or knocked off completely. Those two things do make a difference.

P
Jan 10, 2008
spokane
yep what he said, check to see if theres the snow deflector on the belly pan in front of the exhaust exit. if its bent or missing there is some after market ones that are longer making it easier for the exhaust to exit(less bog down)

Volvokvaloya

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2008
Northern Norway
I have this problem,when the powder is really deep and i am makin one ski right turn,and sidehills to the right the engine bogs hard.
I replaced the temp sensor today but no luck...
Anyone know of who makes a better snow deflector...there are lots of brands who makes them to M-series..gotta be someone who has a better one to the Edge!?

F

freak58trio

Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Washington
I bent the original on my escape so it was straighter which makes a deeper trench in the snow allowing the exhaust to flow better. or modify your can to a front dump like an Artic Cat.

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
I have this problem,when the powder is really deep and i am makin one ski right turn,and sidehills to the right the engine bogs hard.
I replaced the temp sensor today but no luck...
Anyone know of who makes a better snow deflector...there are lots of brands who makes them to M-series..gotta be someone who has a better one to the Edge!?

cat had a real nice one for a few years kind of like a reverse hood scupe ,bolted to the pan with exh outlet inside

F

freak58trio

Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Washington
Fastraxx said they could modify my can for me. SLP used to sell that extension for the exhaust but by the looks of it , it wouldn't work in an edge chassis but I have been wrong before !:face-icon-small-sho

Volvokvaloya

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2008
Northern Norway
I`m gonna modify a slp can so that the outlet is placed in the shock tower.
I have compared several cans today,the slp the best to use..no doubt.
The placement and the length of the outley will about the same as it came from slp.

J

jaysonfreerider

Jul 18, 2008
Troy, MT
Mine was doing this alot there for awhile, but i just made my can come out the side of the bellypan. Helped so much, made it abit louder but not to bad. I'll try to get some pics of it on here when i get home.

Volvokvaloya

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2008
Northern Norway
Replace you temp sensor in the head and make your exhaust deflector longer.
I bendt my deflector so it points more down and added about 3 inches to it.
Waiting now for real winter so i can test if that works.
Had the same problem on a M-serie last winter..did a whole lot of upgrades and it was the deflector that was to short.
Hope this works on my Edge..if not I will modify the slp can to shock tower outlet.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I made custom stingers for my 03 edge and it worked flawless. Running them out the side made it very loud but no exhaust plugging issues.
DSC03229.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC03240.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC03238.jpg
[/IMG]

Premium Features