• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rear fox position sensitive shock(02 EDGE X 600)

R
Dec 10, 2010
got to our drop off point today and started unloading sleds...
my buddy noticed when he pulled my sled off the trailer that u could collapse the suspension to near bottomed out with one hand....
after a couple times of lifting the sled and pushing it back down it came back up but since i had only taken the sled on 1 ride since i've bought it i guess i never noticed...it rides great and did great the entire 60 mile ride we did today....when i got home i noticed a schrader valve or air valve on the shock..... question is... nitrogen or air? and how much psi? it rides great and would like to stiffen it up only a small bit...i weigh 240lbs.... let me know guys/gals thanks
just to clarify...this is the very rear shock

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Get a Fox Clicker for it, never liked those PS shocks, way too soft.

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Edge Rear Suspension

I also have an Edge 121 that I extended to 136. Always thought it was too saggy in the back. I replaced the PS3 with a Ryde FX clicker.

It does not seem to have any affect on the first sag between the couplers.

I think I need to add heavier springs? I have the block on the highest suspension preload as well. It takes little or no effort to take the suspension from the first set of blocks down to the next set. I like the RMK's better because they seem to ride so much higher and don't have the inititial sag.

If anyone has any wisdom, I'd welcome it.

I also have an Edge 121 that I extended to 136. Always thought it was too saggy in the back. I replaced the PS3 with a Ryde FX clicker.

I think I need to add heavier springs? I have the block on the highest suspension preload as well. It takes little or no effort to take the suspension from the first set of blocks down to the next set. I like the RMK's better because they seem to ride so much higher and don't have the inititial sag.

I went from a 121 to a 136 and had to add the .405 heavy duty springs to get the sled to ride right again then I bought a boss seat which moved my body weight forward and I found that I no longer needed the HD springs any more and went back to the stock springs. Sorry already sold the HD springs

R
Dec 10, 2010
well i bit the bullet and went to the dealer.. $35 for rebuild... plus another $75 for a new shaft since mine was pitted and tore my seals up.... they put a "band" in it which keeps the shock from dumping the oil in the first half of the stroke to stiffen it up and added 230psi of nitrogen will see tomorrow how she does.... what about air shocks? anyone have a good recommendation?

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco
You'll never get the PPS to stiffen up really. the additional pressure in nitrogen may help, but since the PPS shock has blow through holes you can really truly never make it stiffer. if you grab the shock and start pushing it down and up quickly only going 1-3" in the stroke you'll feel it start to stiffen up, "position Sensitive"

get a clicker shock, it'll be worth the money, no question about it

RMKillR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2009
Wisco

are you running in the drop brackets in the rear?

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
.405's help on the ride as well and get rid of the unnecessary sag.

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Drop Brackets

No - I still have the rear bolts in the tunnel hole. Can I move down to the drop holes? That won't help weak springs though, right?

I think I have the .359 springs and was considering going to the .375. My wife rides the sled. I don't want to make it too stiff but I hate the initial sag and lack of resistance to downward pressure.

R
Dec 10, 2010
i also have my bolts in the tunnel spots.... dont know if that would stiffen it up by moving them to the brakets... but i will tell you that having that band put in when the rebuilt my shock made a huge difference to me... put 65 miles on today and wow totally different sled...although a clicker would be nice since adjustments can be made... i am very happy with this setup:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features