• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which 163 ?

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Looking to stretch my 155 (2.6") to a 163 (2.6") for next year. Sled is an 18 Axys 800 Pro 155 SC w/a 36" Z-Broz front end. Thinking to change to Ice Age rails and appropriate length track.

Looking for track recommendations. I ride mostly soft snow around Snowy's, West Yellowstone, Togwotee, etc. (no "Sierra Cement").

From an overall performance perspective, - I'm happy with the Pol Camo Series VI tracks. However, they are a bit steep on price, and in high demand.

What other tracks should I consider ? (track only).

TIA !

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i’m in the same boat. however, i ride sierra cement. i have an x3 155 now. good track, but trenches.
next year i think i am going with the x2.7 163
appears to similar to the pol 2.6 and the x3

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
i’m in the same boat. however, i ride sierra cement. i have an x3 155 now. good track, but trenches.
next year i think i am going with the x2.7 163
appears to similar to the pol 2.6 and the x3

Comparing the poo series 6 to series 7 to the x3 to the x3.2. (All 163-162 lengths)

More float, quick rev, magic carpet before stuck, less wheelie. —- series 6

Float, slower rev, more forgiving before stuck. —- x3

Quick rev, quicker to stuck, more wheelie happy —- poo series 7

Medium rev speed, really hard to get stuck, similar wheelie to x3 with stock power —- x3.2

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Great comparison. One more twist I just remembered. With the stock 155 Series 6, I'm on a belt drive (QD). If I go to a 3" or some of the others, don't I need to go to a chain case and gear accordingly (down), or do we finally have options of different belts and pulleys to accomplish the same without adding the weight and rotating mass of a chaincase ?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Great comparison. One more twist I just remembered. With the stock 155 Series 6, I'm on a belt drive (QD). If I go to a 3" or some of the others, don't I need to go to a chain case and gear accordingly (down), or do we finally have options of different belts and pulleys to accomplish the same without adding the weight and rotating mass of a chaincase ?

If you go 3” pitch you need drivers. (Avid 7t )

That’s all you “need”

Good clutching and pro rmk quick drive gears help.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
3" pitch drivers can go on the orig axle splined axle ? So I don't have to buy an entire axle assembly @ $620 new ?

On my way to the Avid site.....Looking like $260 - that's much better than $600 plus !!

Last edited:

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
3" pitch drivers can go on the orig axle splined axle ? So I don't have to buy an entire axle assembly @ $620 new ?

On my way to the Avid site.....Looking like $260 - that's much better than $600 plus !!

If you're not in a big rush to get the Avid drivers, wait a month or 2. Sometimes they have a sale on drivers in May or June.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
OK, there is a second tread going here at the same time about tracks. In the end, ordered a Camo Ext 2.5" so that I can use my existing drivers. IceAge rails are next. Roughly $1100, all in.

Thanks all !

Premium Features