• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best rear bumper

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
e6f3fad4e9cf950840a53305491e2215.jpg

Ok. Rough edit here. Will be made from 1/8" aluminum sheet (5052). Press braked lower edge will match the radius of the tunnel lip. 1-1/4" cross tube welded in. Also will have a rib pressed out on the side plate to allow the bumper to sit flat on the tunnel side and not sit crooked over the lip from the cooler edge. Plates are on the way from laser cutting. Bumper will be on our site to order in the next couple days. 155 at the moment, I'll verify perfect fitment here on a 155 and revise for the 163 as soon as the plates get here and order them for the long sled.

I like B&M...can you please let us know on this thread when a black 155" can be ordered...anxious to get my sled done and need a rear bumper to do so:)

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
forgive my ignorance is the Axis tunnel the same as the pro ?
if so would it work on my pro ????
thanks

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Plates are here. Ironing out the jigs and fixture details today and tonight. Sorry for the delays, things have just been too busy lately to keep hitting new projects and getting farther and farther behind. They should be on the site Monday morning.

Bryan

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
As a heads up... as mentioned in prior posts.

Make sure that the bolt that you use for mounting the rear bumper do not protrude into the tunnel. These bolts can snag and damage your track if they stick into the tunnel.

Rbott

Lifetime Membership
Sep 11, 2012
Vermont
As a heads up... as mentioned in prior posts.

Make sure that the bolt that you use for mounting the rear bumper do not protrude into the tunnel. These bolts can snag and damage your track if they stick into the tunnel.

Thanks for the heads up! Not sure what they will include for hardware....probably rivets. I have never been a huge fan of rivets so I will probably use some button head cap screws with a nylock nuts on the outside.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
8 bolts, (very low profile button head torx drive) flanged lock nuts to go with them. 12 Q lock rivets with 8 rivet washers to back them up in the tunnel. I'll snap some pics of mine tomorrow when I dig it out of the trailer at Togwotee Mountain Lodge....finally going to ride this turboed animal. All the bolt holes are factory tunnel holes. One rivet needs to be removed in each tunnel side and drilled through the new bumper. Two rivets on each tunnel lip, one up by the running boards and back about a foot need to be removed and drilled into the new bumper. We send quality rivets with. Bolts need to go through from the inside to the outside to prevent track damage like MH suggested above.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Thanks for posting Mountainhorst and B&M...

I obviously installed mine last night without checking this post first and have installed it incorrectly as you can see in this picture.

I will reverse the hex head bolts tonight so they do not protrude into the inside of the tunnel.

Also note that I have not installed the front 3 rivets on each side yet...will get to that tonight hopefully.

Ryan

W

wisboy25

Feb 10, 2015
Wisconsin
That sled that the bumper is on the tunnel was bent bad we straighten tunnel out installed that bumper and now is super ridged I don't foresee it bending again now ever and strengthened the whole tunnel from there back that sled where the two layers turn into one if that's not braced there not gonna do any good at all imo

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Thanks for posting Mountainhorst and B&M...

I obviously installed mine last night without checking this post first and have installed it incorrectly as you can see in this picture.

I will reverse the hex head bolts tonight so they do not protrude into the inside of the tunnel.

Also note that I have not installed the front 3 rivets on each side yet...will get to that tonight hopefully.

Ryan

The side of your track looks like its fraying like mine. Mines rubbing on the front left bulkhead.

Premium Features