• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys muffpot location

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
For those that have seen the sleds in person, and with the panels off-- is there a place to mount a muff pot? Looks like maybe by the y pipe or is there going to be room for those of us putting cans on? I would think once you get rid of that giant suitcase to get this sweet sled to under 400 lbs there would be lots of room there. Thoughts?

Muffpot on the new Axys? Yeah, we were looking at that while we had our demo sitting on our showroom floor all week long, and couldn't find a good location. We were thinking the y-pipe section would be too warm. Without a drastic redesign of the muffpot, I don't see a good way to put one on. Maybe by the time we get some production sleds, someone will have found a way!

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I ran mine for 2 years on my pro right in front of the Y pipe. You can only leave it there for 45-60 minutes or it will get burnt. I moved it to the stock can this year with better results but will still get too hot if there there for 2-3 hours.

Something I did this year was to ditch the hose clamp mounting system. I drilled a few 3/16" holes in the corners of the mounting plate then used 4-5 exhaust springs and hooked them to the existing spring mounts on the exhaust. It never comes loose, and allows you to mount it to spots you could never do with a clamp. Eric

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Eric, good idea on the exhaust springs, I'm hoping Woodsrider is working on a mount as we speak, hint hint

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
My 08 RMK is right after the Y pipe on the main expansion chamber before the insulation and cover and it works way better than the one on my Pro that is mounted to the top of the can (muffler). I tried raw brats in there and had to finish cooking them when we got done riding. The one on the 08 can cook anything.

On mine I will be putting it close to the Y pipe so I can cook fresh food and food I prepared and then frozen.

Woodsrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Woodsrider kit

I am looking into a mount for the Y pipe. Put a prototype on a friends 600 so far it has worked. It is likely my can setup will work with same cans.

D
Oct 13, 2008
Anyone ever try to put an adjustable vent in the lid to control the temp by letting more or less heat out as needed. Not sure if it would work or not, but may be worth a try. Thinking like the circle with 3 triangular openings and the inner one to adjust it with a locking nut on adjuster. Food would have to be in a sealed cooking bag to prevent leaks and a possible grease fire. I may have just made the case against it at the same time. Crap.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
For guys running aftermarket cans I am sure it will work like we ran them on our 2015's. A 3/4" x 1/8" thick piece of aluminum makes a great strap to go around the can and hold the muffpot sideways. bend over and drill the 2 ends of the aluminum to secure with a large bolt. The aluminum strap replaces the hose clamp. This gets plenty hot enough to melt the cheese in your sandwich and brown the bread. You can also secure it to the top of many cans with springs if you want it horizontal so you don't spill your beans. In that case the aluminum strap is still used but only 1/3 the length and the springs secure it down to the same locations as the muffler springs.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
3dc02deb21e22672ebf3ed95a2f0476b.jpg

I bought the Woodsrider mount, but it was too tight on the Y-pipe with the B&M Fab front bumper with it's cross tube.

I said screw it and flattened the "wings" on the MuffPot base and riveted it right to the top of my SLP silencer using steel rivets.

00a18e46de77cdcf2ed229834b0b3e5c.jpg

Very solid mount and easy to acces. Not sure how it cooks, but I'll find out soon!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

K

kmo

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
This is on a friend's Axis with the SLP pipe/can combo. I did the same thing on my Axys with the stock pipe and an SLP can. Easy access without removing the hood.

image.jpg

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
3dc02deb21e22672ebf3ed95a2f0476b.jpg

I bought the Woodsrider mount, but it was too tight on the Y-pipe with the B&M Fab front bumper with it's cross tube.

I said screw it and flattened the "wings" on the MuffPot base and riveted it right to the top of my SLP silencer using steel rivets.

00a18e46de77cdcf2ed229834b0b3e5c.jpg

Very solid mount and easy to acces. Not sure how it cooks, but I'll find out soon!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's exactly how I have mine mounted, have done the same location on my pro's with the slp can. Works good there. I just put in more rivets than yours, I have had them vibrate loose in the past.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
This is on a friend's Axis with the SLP pipe/can combo. I did the same thing on my Axys with the stock pipe and an SLP can. Easy access without removing the hood.

This is where I put my wife's and I's. Only difference is we have the diamond s quiet can.

D
Oct 13, 2008
OrQUOTE=kmo;3897814]This is on a friend's Axis with the SLP pipe/can combo. I did the same thing on my Axys with the stock pipe and an SLP can. Easy access without removing the hood.[/QUOTE]

That's how I did mine and they work well. Also has easy access.

Premium Features