• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS bumper and storage thread

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
Have not seen much about this yet so I will start with a few questions

First, will the extreme rear bumpers from the 11-15 Pros work on the new tunnel, with the tunnel being straight taper? My current extreme bumper sits on and helps protect the fold on the tunnel

Has anyone seen the new storage bags up close? They look to have some kind of a padded mat to protect the powder coat on the tunnels. I really like the looks of these and the new mount system looks to be a big improvement over the quarter turn fasteners of the past.

I wonder how much room is in the bags? Wish there was more detailed pics on the interior . MH or Scott do you guys have any pics? Thanks!

S
Nov 15, 2008
Northern ,wi
From the polaris catalog the new extreme bumper for axys looks like it is strain across the rear and the pro ride goes out a little on my 15 for getting hands in and looks to me like different part numbers

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
My dealer went to the dealer show. Said that the new bags have a better latch system for the t-channel on the tunnel. I think she was comparing them to the older Burandt bag w/o saying so. I'm going to do the small one and see how it goes. The large one has a pretty big footprint. It takes up the whole tunnel.

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
I ordered the ultimate shovel bag. Looks to be about the size of the small but also holds a shovel. Thought it might be nice to have a shovel on the sled as well. You can find decent pics under "acessories--> coming fall 2015".

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Not related to accessories but has anyone seen if this chassis has "heated" storage atop the gauge pod?

I was told that the standard "glove box" is heated from ventilation coming up from the motor. Dealer says the bag accessory works off of that and keeps the bag warm. Not sure if that answers your question.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
The "heated storage" behind the windshield is TINY! You would be hard pressed to get much in it. I don't think a pair of goggles will fit. If you put gloves in it, they will have to be pretty thin. It does have slots in the bottom of it that is going to allow underhood heat to get in it but I reiterate that it is very small.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Maybe it would serve better to put an intake screen in that spot and use it as a vent to let under hood heat out.

displacement4me

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Has anyone seen this new under seat storage bag? That is supposed to fit tighter and more secure, with protection against the painted tunnels...

Premium Features