• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need a custom choke cable for my build. Where can I obtain such a thing? FBF???

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
I have put some Lectron carbs on my sled and apparantly the push/pull chokes are a bunch of garbage or PAR pawned some old carbs off on me that were sittin on the shelf. Anyways, the chokes won't stay up on em and it's a pain in the @$$ to pop the hood and have a buddy hold em every time I have to start it cold. Guess the rubber boots wear out after the first use. So I see that you can get a cable choke setup and was going to order some but what would I use for a cable? I have an '09 IQr and the stock mikuni's were rack carbs so they only ran a single cable. I would like to hook it up to the connection on the back of my choke lever. Is FatBoyFrenchy still around? I remember you made the cables for the 900 RMK's and they were great. Can you build me one? It would need a connector, splitter, and two choke cable ends. Unless I can get one I can install in the factory location with the choke lever on it. Please help guys. Thanx, :devil:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Pics and dimensions of the Lectron end connection? How long are you needing? Good possibility a stock choke cable from the pre-rack era would work. Just need more info as I've never even seen a Lectron carb or their choke system.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
LoudHandle,
I don't have any to measure. I found some pics by google'ing lectron fuel systems and clicking on the parts link. First page shows cable choke assemblies. Looked like standard bore.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Premium Features