• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another M7 Project Why Not!!

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
Hey all I decided to put up my 06 M7 LE that I have been working on this winter, I picked the sled up for 4 grand with 1400 miles bone stock and in great shape. First I got a set of WRP boards then a 2.25 power claw for $325 and put that on then I got a set of 07 rails for $50 then I did a headlight delete with small lights, side panel vents, nose cone vents, and some hood vents all from Mountain Fit. Next I found a used OVS Turbo kit for it for $1700 from a snowest member it came with all the clutching fuel controller and everything needed to run I got all that on and made it about 15 min on the first ride and it locked up on the pto side. I decided it was part bad fuel it had signs of det on both sides and some lean scoring on the pto which was because I didn't get the fuel regulator block off for the in tank pump. I got the block off and did the top end for $340 a set of turbo mag weights from cutler for $150 and added a shorty seat for $250 while I was ordering parts. Next I decided to update the back so I ordered an 09 tunnel section and bumper for $172 which should be here tomorrow. I ordered a tail light and snow flap from PDP for $122 to clean up the back a little more. I found a Mountain Addiction rack and 2 cans from a member here for $95 so I will put that on when I do the tunnel update. So I am into this all for about $7200 but I also plan on doing a z bros front end and a Kmod skid as well as pulling it all apart this summer and getting some powder coating done. I love the sled and really do with the turbo now so let me know what you think of it so far and give me ideas on anything I missed or should do thanks.

T

theUltamateTBM

Feb 20, 2008
I should have the snow flap and tail light Friday or the first part of next week so I can get those on I plan on running the oem m7 cooler I shortened the rail coolers for this but in the future I will get a new cooler from an 09 I shortened the coolers by about 2 in to keep the stock cooler it looks like it should work I still need to get the gussets welded and it should be done tomorrow. I am glad I got the tunnel back for this mod it is so much cleaner than cutting the oem tunnel and looks just like the factory 09 one

Premium Features