• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Pro858

Putzy

Premium Member
Sep 30, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
It's a really impressive sled, especially for the price. Starting with a used 2013 Pro, you could get it done for less than the cost of a new sled. I'm running a 3" on my m-series right now with a stock motor and that track completely changed the sled. First mod I will do from now on. I had to put a kmod on it to keep the skis down, but it sounds like the Pro is better balanced and won't have that issue.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Interesting.

I've done the track. Got about 25 miles on it so far. At this point all I can say is holy crap. And I haven't even hit the backcountry with it yet.

As for the motor, Kelsey advertises his kit at just over $2k.

What else is needed to put this together?
What's different between these two prices? What don't I get with the cheater head option for $100 less?

I've got clutching done for my 3" track...I'm unsure if that clutching would still work (besides of course heavier primary weights).
140/340 (I think it's a light blue/pink. Stock is 140/330) primary, stock weights, black/purple secondary, stock helix.
So far, I'm thinking I need more weight in the primary. I was seeing 8500rpm and one time I saw 8600 at 6500' elevation booning on a small hill.

the cheater head is the only difference between the two prices on his site, but on top of that you still need 2 base gaskets, power valve gaskets, head o-rings, bd box and then what ever clutching you'll still need.
we are running rooster weights loaded super heavy in the heel, h5 alloy 140-335 primary, 140-260 secondary and 62-42-40 helix with great results

Are these the stock Walkers with the Zbroz springs all around or full Zbroz shocks?

stock shocks with zbroz dual rates specific for the 36" kit in the front and hd springs in the rear

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
Jeremy, is that vidio at freezeout? If so, please stay off the back side, in the trees, on the sidehills, with your narrow Pro, so its fresh for us snobikers!!!! BTW, awesome looking sled!!!!!

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
we are running rooster weights loaded super heavy in the heel, h5 alloy 140-335 primary, 140-260 secondary and 62-42-40 helix with great results

Would you suggest the same set up for the drop in? I'm looking for faster backshift than what the rooster weights and stock clutching is giving me.

Premium Features