• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WKM 950 Carbon Chassie Proclimb

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
Well after a long summer I dexided to pull a few pieces off my sled to do some regular maintanance and it got very carried away! I ended up strippin the sled right down to the very last nut and bolt and began my very own dream sled build. 75 hrs later I have ended up with this...

full carbon fiber chassie with a cutler 950cc big bore, a list of the particulars to follow.

C3 Carbon Fiber tunnel (twill weave)
C3 Carbon fiber hood (repaired old one from last year)
C3 Carbon fiber fuel tank
C3 post forward kit
C3 Belt drive ( updated and reworked from last years version)
Culters performance 950cc Big bore
DC power up kit
light weight brake rotor
SLP powder pros
2.6" 162 powderclaw track with mild porting.
fox evol's
Tapps Primary clutch
shock wave secondary adjustable helix
BDX chromoly rear suspension
boss seat ( sorry not in pics, will have it this week)
Cold air intake
oil injection delete with cases ported by linderman
ceramic coated exhaust
hindle carbon fiber can
Troy lee custom piston bone wrap
Lolliberry custom color powder coating

just need to add gauges and a led headlight and its complete.

Here are some facts about the sled and some forground story. I built this sled last year so it is not brand new. Last year it had a 800 with cutler turbo on it, thought I would try a big bore this year, may end up with boost by the end of the season. I really thought I could get this sled down to 375lbs dry. I did not make it, it tipped the scales a 400lbs dry. YES I KNOW I COULD HAVE JUST SPENT 15G AND BOUGHT A STOCK POLORIS THAT WEIGHS 430 DRY! I have nothing against polaris so lets not dwell on this fact. there is another 20lbs of weight that can be taken off at a great cost ( ti bolts full chassie 6lbs, bdx front suspension 4lbs, lighter rear skid 8lbs and no powdercoating or wrap 2lbs) there are a few ways to get the last 5lbs off to hit 375lbs but I have to stop here. The sled is sitting 99.5% finished, so if you notice the left shock is off the sled (good eye) just waiting for new rubber boot to come in before reinstalling a arm and shock. The sled will be 200hp and 400lbs, I think that will be lots of fun. thanks for looking and be nice with comments, cheers!

compound 1300

Premium Member
Mar 15, 2010
zortman montana
CPC 950cc

Very nice updates!! Let us know how this CPC 950cc kit works, did you say that you were going to put NOS on this 950cc? looks like stock jugs and head are still on sled. Love to see this with a CPC turbo kit on it!!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Cool build! not to be rude, but why did you post this here after u posted it in the member builds section?

I see that he responded already. But I would like to add that he likely has a great deal of pride in this sled and the work that it took to complete it. I mean look at the sled it is awesome! And likely enjoys showing it off as much as I enjoy viewing it multiple times, dreaming that I could afford 10g in carbon fiber for my 11t.

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
intake

Where does the c3 hood draw
It's air from? Have been wanting one for awhile now. I just haven't seen one in person yet.
we run the intake up behind the windshield. you can get the hood with a air plenum that utilizes the stock airbox, depends on the application.

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
hawooo!

You could have saved a lot of money by building it out of fiberglass then painting it black
tube...tube...tube...maybe you would like to share with the group what your little project is costing. $'s 2 cents you far exceed my budget when that little poo is all done and shiny!!! lol

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
950 done

broke in 950 this week, quite the power plant. i am headin out next week to the hills, will have another carbon kitty with stock 800 and a another with stage 2 turbo. i will post some video comparing all 3 and hopefully dispell some myths about weight vs hp, or just be really depressed that all this work was for nothing.

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
tested in hills

got the broke in 950 out this weekend, all i can say is wow! rode with a new xm with belt drive and full pipe setup, pro with stage 3 and carbon 800 cat. not a fair comparison, but not even remotly close to any of them. also had a stock 800 out with 10lbs boost that was comparable. had i had to choose, i would take this 950 in carbon chassey over race turbo in stock chassey. torque torque torque!!! super fast and super responsive. this motor is going to change the na class, mark my words.

Premium Features