• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mirage Trailer Repair

W

wilbilly

Dec 23, 2007
mountain home ,id
In Dec. I posted and list of problems that I had with my Mirage trailer . I did not bash or ask Mirage for anything ,they called me and asked me to bring the unit back to the factory . They fixed all of the problems that the trailer had and then some, keep in mind I did not ask Mirage for any of this All I can say is Rob and the people at Mirage stepped up to the plate and took care of business . My hat is off to the poeple of Mirage

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I'm sorry, but I'm getting tired of all these threads that start off with Mirage and took trailer back and fixed everything and great company. I'm not bashing the poster or any of you guys that have replied. I had a mirage and went through the exact same thing. brand new trailer back to the factory to have a list of 4-5 semi major things to be repair/replaced/fixed. why the he!! does a company have to take multiple(I have seen probably over a dozen threads) trailers back after a couple months to redo them?? I agree, if they can get a decent quality control guy or something in place they do have one of the best looking trailers in the business. They need to fire whoever is in quality control right now and head a different direction cuz these threads are getting real old.

If I could sit there and watch them weld everything, and attach everything and paint everything I would buy another mirage in a heart beat. but why the he!! should I have to?? It's called a quality product, and that's why people buy them. They would sell alot more I'm sure without pissing people off like this. Sorry for the vent, they do go above and beyond to get a trailer fixed back up, but it shouldn't have to go back in for anything in the first couple to few months. I realize that things happen, but If you asked snowest to go back and gather every thread that had mirage and problem in it, i bet you would have well over 100 threads. Like I said, great trailer, just hate seeing threads like this where good peeps have to get a mirage fixed again.

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
as a former Mirage dealer ,,, I can tell you

I can honestly say just about every trailer we sold over a 3 year span came back for repairs, and mirage is not the easiest company to get our money back from, I persoanly do not think much of them, they look great and have a lot of nice features but to many problems to deal with. I've had 2 that the axles came loose and rolled out the back of the trailer , "they forgot " to weld them on correctly, just tack welded. not trying to bash them but they do have some quality control issues. Why do you need to bring a farely new trailer all the way back to Idaho for repairs ? they should pick it up or pay the dealer to repari it correctly, ,,,, just sayin <<<<

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I can honestly say just about every trailer we sold over a 3 year span came back for repairs, and mirage is not the easiest company to get our money back from, I persoanly do not think much of them, they look great and have a lot of nice features but to many problems to deal with. I've had 2 that the axles came loose and rolled out the back of the trailer , "they forgot " to weld them on correctly, just tack welded. not trying to bash them but they do have some quality control issues. Why do you need to bring a farely new trailer all the way back to Idaho for repairs ? they should pick it up or pay the dealer to repari it correctly, ,,,, just sayin <<<<

careful, your gonna get bad rep from a bunch of these a$$holes that think differently from what you and I think. rep me up bit$hes. I could care less. You think they don't have a problem then you got your head too far up your a$$es

M

minus40

Oct 22, 2001

I can believe it. Not happy with mine, corrosion holes and paint peeling, wiring, finish details.

JETJOHNSO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
I'm really not bashing Mirage at all, just saying some facts

Ya I hope nobody took me wrong, Not trying to say anything to bad about Mirage, but they have had some problems over the years, I'm not the only dealer that dropped them because of "issues". they make a nice trailer with a lot of "flash". Well thought out ect, If they just didnt have all the "bugs" in them. Look at a 5 year old mirage, than look at a 5 year featherlite, triton, wells cargo, you can really see the difference

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
My friend got a mirage last year looks great and love all the features of it. We'll see how long it holds up. I've talked a few people out of mirage because of everything on here they ended up with wells cargo and a triton. I know id pick the trails west or triton if I was in the market. If mirage steps up their quality I'd for sure buy one

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I have a 2010 Well Cargo, and i feel you should remove them from the list of trailers to look at as a good example,

Been back to get re-skinned, paint was just peeling off, as well other items, cabinets falling apart, cracks in wood where they did not pre-drill.

Flooring material "something like spray in bed Liner" peeling up and odd enough its not in the places the ski's run, diamond plate falling off. water leaking between panels from roof and freezing.

Who knew that when it was re-skinned that they would fail to put the insulation back in the walls, guess it was a bit much to ask.

If I were to ever buy another $19000 trailer, I would have to consider other manufacturers.

Ya I hope nobody took me wrong, Not trying to say anything to bad about Mirage, but they have had some problems over the years, I'm not the only dealer that dropped them because of "issues". they make a nice trailer with a lot of "flash". Well thought out ect, If they just didnt have all the "bugs" in them. Look at a 5 year old mirage, than look at a 5 year featherlite, triton, wells cargo, you can really see the difference

Last edited:

crusher

Lifetime Membership
Oct 25, 2008
Mapleton, UT
charmac

Just bought a tri sport elite from wasatch trailers. Good reputable company, solid trailer. I bought the trailer standard, and wasatch has a designer who helps you lay out the trailer, they added cabinets, hooks, upgraded light package, treated floor, folding bench, 110 power in trailer, inverter, 12v power. The heater is real slick, mounts in cieling in v, out of the way and factory installed and ducted throughout trailer.

Mirage is only as good as they want to be. As far as I.can tell they do a pretty good job presenting the product, just not a good job a making a quality product or backing it up. They got me, I had almost the same issues as stated above. And got 0 help from them, other then it must be your fault.

I love my new trailer, even better is I got a good dealer to back it up.

M
Dec 12, 2011
I've been looking at different enclosed trailers and looking on line at all of the review's / comments and have actually learned a lot from forums like this.

I'm in no hurry this winter for a trailer but will be getting one for sure for next year.

Seeing the comments on this site and a couple of others I have learned one thing, the guy's that seem to speak up for the Mirage are mostly the one's that have had their trailers fixed at the manufacturing plant and if you don't go there your out of luck.

I've also noticed how badly they treat customers, jerk them around until they get mad and then things blow and the owner tries to discredit the guy with the trailer issues, not bashing just stating what it seems like in the threads.

Mirage is off the list.

Anyone have anything for reviews on the Legend or Neo?

Premium Features