• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project Skidoo X

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
mmmm det sensor.. ahaha.. poor motor.

haha The story behind this is....
Ive been having some top end issues after a long pull or after riding for a while, the sled will just fall on its face and go into a limp mode. I just didnt know it was limp mode. It changed with different riding spots and was just a problem that i couldnt figure out.
Finally found out that it was the DET sensor going off puting it into limp mode and all i had to do was turn the sled off and re start to get it going again. more race gas, here we come.

The sled is great. It does some amazing things and is unlike anything i have riddin. will turn on a dime, side hill like nothing else and has the power to haul the mail when it comes time.

The bottom end is still not as responsive as it should be and that will come with time and tunning i hope. I mostly ride in the steep and deep littered with trees and that is where this sled does its job. In and out of the throttle is instant and it will go untill you run out of ground. ITS WILD

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
saw this beast in cooke this last weekend on yall's deck. i was hoping to run into ya on the hill and watch this thing go but that didnt happen

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
dont condone the existance of this thing.. its unfair to normal snowmobiles.

I think if all goes well we should have some video's of it up after this weekend again, brining out the film crew.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Oh good, Glad to hear the film crew is comming, HAHA (cough cough Brandon). I got a sweet new helmet cam also to try out. Should be able to make up a great video

S

screech

Nov 23, 2009
rode the poo doo today. absolutely way too much power. it is insane! so responsive. grab too much throttle and you will be looking at the sky! runs pretty darn good.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
rode the poo doo today. absolutely way too much power. it is insane! so responsive. grab too much throttle and you will be looking at the sky! runs pretty darn good.
it runs great.. nose first into the ground..

it does have some sort of weak link, when you nosedive it like 20' straight down things bend in the front.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
if a tube frame is all tied together,,,, lots of things bend when you nose dive20':doh:
no, it didnt really bend, it just sheared a weak link in a welded junction, so it should easily straighten back out and be redone and braced a hair better..

it might not have been the idea, but the need for weak points in it is critical, as its a LOT stronger you dont want to make the weakest link somewhere in the middle of the bulkhead persay.. try to keep it in the extremities.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
I will dig into it later today hopefully and check out what the damage is. NOT GOOD. There is good damage to it though. Im just glad i bailed

Premium Features