• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 iqr 800 build

T

Teddy

Dec 26, 2007
HV-GB,NL,CANADA
just recieved the last peice of the parts needed (as far as i know) to start my IQR 800 build. i have an 07 440 chassis and an 800 NON VES engine. i also have a motor plate, carb adapters and pipe from brad at PA. does anyone else running this same combo with the non ves have any tips or pointers i could use? any help or info would be appreciated.

T

Teddy

Dec 26, 2007
HV-GB,NL,CANADA
does anyone have pics of the aluminum cross member that has to be cut and dropped down an inch or so? id like to see exactly what some of you did.

P
Mar 12, 2008
sunnyvale trailer park
Teddy, I did the same motor in an '05 chassis with brad's plate. Works nice I really like mine. I'll be away from the comp for about a week but I'd be happy to send you some pics when I get back just p.m. me

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
After having 4 different engines in my IQR, i can tell you that the best thing you can do is take your time, do it right the first time, and when you think you are done. Go back through and re-torque everything, check every rivet, nut, and bolt.

When you are trying to jet it, spend the $200 and get an air-fuel ratio gauge. It will make tuning a breeze and could save you form a lean burn down. Focus on jetting, and clutching.

T

Teddy

Dec 26, 2007
HV-GB,NL,CANADA
thanks for the info guys, im making the cut in the bulk head tonight to clear the oil pump. does anyone have a pic to send over that i could use for refrence?

G

gotthefever

Jan 7, 2008
Kremmling, CO
I just went out and snapped these pics for you. I have the exact same setup in an 05. Let me know what you plan on using for jetting/clutching, as I am still try to get mine dialed in.

oil 1.jpg oil2.jpg

T

Teddy

Dec 26, 2007
HV-GB,NL,CANADA
wow nice job! i got mine all done today its looking good. hopefully i can get the engine mounted tonight. thanks for all the pics and info guys.

Premium Features