• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 900 rmk what to do?

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
well I picked up a 05 900 rmk cheap with a 151, it has at least a scuffed piston. do I rebuild the motor, put a different motor in it or part it out. I have a 09 dragon so I don't need another sled. But I am considering running it in the sand what would you do:face-icon-small-hap

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i would rebuild it personally..get the small things that it NEEDs (i.e. updated tps stuff, fbf cable, balanced clutch/belt, gearing and keep it as a spare or a buddy rider..but thats me cause i have no one to ride with really other then the wife or when my buddy borrows her sled :(

as for the sand..good idea, would be fun, but the 900 runs so damn hot already.it wont last out there for long...and were talking mins. lol..

or sell it to me cheap ;)

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
the reason the summer sled is very doable. a friend made one out of a 750 fst. he has the kit to convert it. I know I can do it. the only thing holding me up is $$$$. I may part it out. I will make my decision in a couple of weeks after I am back from mccall for a week. I finally get to ride. I have my wifes sled for snow if I need it so I won't use it for snow. union bay was involved with the 750 fst so I will be in touch with them.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
My buddy runs his in the sand. We put a big A$$ radiator out of a geo metro on the back of the tunnel and then he just removes it for the snow. His is 159. the 151 if it has the 2 inch track rather than the 2.4 may be a little better. The motor just doesn't have quite enough for that 159 2.4" track but that was running snow clutching. It was a riot though.

Was that the one that went down upat Gallgher a couple weeks ago that was left up on the mountain?

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
My buddy runs his in the sand. We put a big A$$ radiator out of a geo metro on the back of the tunnel and then he just removes it for the snow. His is 159. the 151 if it has the 2 inch track rather than the 2.4 may be a little better. The motor just doesn't have quite enough for that 159 2.4" track but that was running snow clutching. It was a riot though.

Was that the one that went down upat Gallgher a couple weeks ago that was left up on the mountain?

no, it hasn't been ridden for awhile. I think it has the 159 on it. thought it was the 159 but it is the 2.4. If I do it it will be strictly for sand. may put a different motor in it since i have a 800 sitting in the garage

Premium Features