• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 600R Exhaust Can

L

Letitsnow***907

Jan 9, 2008
Soldotna, Alaska
I am looking to put a can on my sons 08 600 (660;) race sled with the stock pipe. What are you guys running for a can? I really do not want to cough up $600 smackers for the SLP pipe and can set up.

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
Who did the 660 kit on your '08 600 race motor? I didn't realize anyone was doing 660's on the new longstroke 600

L

Letitsnow***907

Jan 9, 2008
Soldotna, Alaska
Good question, I to am curious.

Great looking build there powderhound! I sent my engine to Marty Mobley to get the work done. I can not believe it but I just talked to him and he told me that they did not realize that I had the R motor and they can not do the 660 kit! Bummer;( He is going to do a mild port job and send it back to me with the carbs rifled. I found a Super Q can at JS sports that will hook right up;)

Thanks for the reply!

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
The 600r motor is no slouch, but if it's not enough, you can make it an 800 fairly easily. Check out the Polaris 440 forums on HCS

A
Great looking build there powderhound! I sent my engine to Marty Mobley to get the work done. I can not believe it but I just talked to him and he told me that they did not realize that I had the R motor and they can not do the 660 kit! Bummer;( He is going to do a mild port job and send it back to me with the carbs rifled. I found a Super Q can at JS sports that will hook right up;)

Thanks for the reply!
Marty does good work. He knows the Ptek engines well. I had him port, polish and riffle bore a set of carbs on my girls 800. That thing rips I will tell you. Those cans JS sells are also avaiable here in Wasilla.
Fish Creek Sales. 373-2650
That could save you a little bit of time on the shipping. I have never herd them but I guess they got a lil more rumble to them. As far as the R engine, well they are a strong runner. I will be doing the 800 monoblock swap on my 09 here this month. It is one way to get 168HP outta pump gas in a IQR fairly cheap!

W
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks for the reply!

Might want to try Sled Solutions, Paul has very reasonable price's on the can. And yes they pretty much just bolt up.

Last edited:
Premium Features