• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What is upsetting Snowest Users???

What is upsetting snowest users???

• Crippling site speed

Votes: 142 33.2%
  • Over Moderation

Votes: 106 24.8%
  • New look and feel

Votes: 66 15.4%
  • New Admin not listeining to users

Votes: 94 22.0%
  • Having to pay for full access

Votes: 228 53.3%
  • Nothing...I like it just the way it is

Votes: 43 10.0%
  • It's been over 7 months since I've ridden ... I'm bored

Votes: 84 19.6%
  • That nobody realizes how great I am

Votes: 48 11.2%

• Total voters

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
So this would be like a men's size then? Not going to make it to Spokane, our club is doing it's thing week-end. I don't know why this happens every year at the same time. :confused: I've been wanting to hit the Spokane show for several years now. :(

Maybe PM me.......we're getting off topic. :eek:

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
RIP SW, I'm out.

Slow it down, screw it up, quit listening to daily contributors, and then start charging. Hmm. Good luck, guess I will cancel my mag suscription while I am at it. Only buy it to support the fathers of the forum.

Guess I should be thankfull. Now I can do something constructive with the 15+ hours a week I spend on SW.

Last edited:
S

snowestsucks

i haven't been here long and can tell that this place is corrupt

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
. There were already things in the works, until we had to stop and try to slow the mis-information, rumor, and speculation that was running rampant. That will still be worked on, but that got pushed aside a bit instead of it being implemented sooner in BETA format.

There was no misinformation, we the users new the truth and you all(mods)
just tried to baffle us with B.S. The info about the site we posted was accurate info. The complaints the user have are legitimate complaints.
If anything you(the mods) did a piss poor job going about your new plan of action. You guys(mods) could of handled it waaaaaaaaaaay differently. :mad:

Like Dizzle said earlier, you shouldn't let alters be mods. We knew alot more then you think:rolleyes:

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
If anything you(the mods) did a piss poor job going about your new plan of action. You guys(mods) could of handled it waaaaaaaaaaay differently. :mad:

I think that says it all.

The way that EVERYTHING has been handled since Christopher came on board has been plain & simple PISS poor.

Catwoman, I've never had anything against you, but the way that you & others have dealt with these threads has been pitiful.

I never had anything against mmsports, but the way he has interacted with others lately has been childish & inappropriate. I thought he was a good choice of a mod for the cat section, but after recent posts of his & recent actions, I think he should be removed. Will this happen? No, because the leadership is too busy shoving their ideas up our butts to pay attention to how we feel about it.

For some reason the site has soured & much of that is the new mods & the way they're being lead, and the fact that they keep calling those of us that TRULY care about this site "whiners".

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
I'm on many forums. One thing in common that gets me is that some people have such long, involved signatures, it really gets in the way of their message.

Now, with all the bells, whistles, meters, etc; that applies to every post in my opinion. Keep it lean and simple I say.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I'm on many forums. One thing in common that gets me is that some people have such long, involved signatures, it really gets in the way of their message.

Now, with all the bells, whistles, meters, etc; that applies to every post in my opinion. Keep it lean and simple I say.
yeah, i tend to alsmot just bypas posts from people with half page signatures of stuff spaced out with every little detail listed. now its just like i dont pay attention cuz theres so much worthless info, WHO CARES... does how active someone is or what level there on mean there info is more usefull? NO! it means there on snowest a LOT... i learned that pretty quick around here, i know others dont. the thanks and approve this post are both redundant as well.

S
Sep 14, 2009
I might stay and pay. If we don't pay can we still "visit" the site".

otherwise found a great site: snowandmud.com
seems like a big site, and its quick and its free. think they boast 15000 members?

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
It always baffles me the way so many people act in regards to forums. Do you go into stores and tell the clerics how to arrange the shelves, or is it only behind the guise of the internet do you feel this overwhelming need to share you expertise in forum management, and web development. I swear everybody is a UI expert and professional administrator..yet I'd be very surprised if a single one of you pissen and moaning have ever setup a Enterprise level website, let alone moderate/administrate a forum of this size.

1) This is not your forum! You are a guest, and a user! YOU HAVE NO SAY! What makes you feel you have the right to ***** and moan, and that the staff is not only required to listen to you whine, but act on it as well. Who's to say your ideas are better then the staffs. Outside of posting now and then do you have ANY experience what so over? The staffs jobs are to keep things moving along smoothly for the majority of people, keep topics on topic, and keep the conversation flowing and civil. Not to babysit a bunch of disgruntled users who have spent way to much time on SW, are bored and are now looking to vent.

2) If you don't like it here, or feel you can do better.. DO IT, but don't think it's ok to use the 36,000 user base the snowest built over the past 11 years to launch your own competitive forum. Figure out how to spread the word on your own!

Don't get me wrong, I personally have no plans on paying to use sw, I will continue to use SW in the capacity that is made available to me, but I'm not going to sit here and cry like I have some sense of entitlement that doesn't exist. You're post count MEANS NOTHING. You're join date MEANS NOTHING. You're only as useful as your last contribution to the forum! If you leave nobody will care, the conversation will go on.

Welcome to the internet.. You're just 1 in a Billion..

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002

You can turn off all the meters, turn off all the signatures, and turn off all the avatars. It keeps the clutter way down.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
i think a few of the users are a little over the top right now. I agree things were not handled very good since the rumors broke out, but the changes seem like they might be ok(other than paying money, since i can't). But seriously, things need to stay current otherwise you fall behind. Eventually you are going to have slow speeds when you are constantly growing so at some point or another change does need to occur.

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
It always baffles me the way so many people act in regards to forums. Do you go into stores and tell the clerics how to arrange the shelves, or is it only behind the guise of the internet do you feel this overwhelming need to share you expertise in forum management, and web development. I swear everybody is a UI expert and professional administrator..yet I'd be very surprised if a single one of you pissen and moaning have ever setup a Enterprise level website, let alone moderate/administrate a forum of this size.

1) This is not your forum! You are a guest, and a user! YOU HAVE NO SAY! What makes you feel you have the right to ***** and moan, and that the staff is not only required to listen to you whine, but act on it as well. Who's to say your ideas are better then the staffs. Outside of posting now and then do you have ANY experience what so over? The staffs jobs are to keep things moving along smoothly for the majority of people, keep topics on topic, and keep the conversation flowing and civil. Not to babysit a bunch of disgruntled users who have spent way to much time on SW, are bored and are now looking to vent.

2) If you don't like it here, or feel you can do better.. DO IT, but don't think it's ok to use the 36,000 user base the snowest built over the past 11 years to launch your own competitive forum. Figure out how to spread the word on your own!

Don't get me wrong, I personally have no plans on paying to use sw, I will continue to use SW in the capacity that is made available to me, but I'm not going to sit here and cry like I have some sense of entitlement that doesn't exist. You're post count MEANS NOTHING. You're join date MEANS NOTHING. You're only as useful as your last contribution to the forum! If you leave nobody will care, the conversation will go on.

Welcome to the internet.. You're just 1 in a Billion..

I swear you must be reading my mind.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
careful BBJ, they'll change that to browniesandfudge.com soon. and why are clerics arranging things on store shelves??..perhaps they do need guidance. ba dat bump.

Y
I really dont like how the site, the "rules", and the threads are so limiting on what you can and cant say.

It feels very restrictive, in all directions.

The forum software really needs to be changed. Use VBulletin, or PHP BB for cryin out loud. Simple to maintain, fast, easy, and almost FREE to the site owner(s).

I'll just move onto a different site if this becomes a pay site.

I think turning us away is a horrible move, considering there's so few of us to begin with, as Sledding is a pretty niche market of people.

Oh well....

Just like Obama..... "change" isn't always a good thing, nor an improvement.

L

Lushbomb

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
PAC NW
www.oneshotproduction.net
EDIT: i didn't realize this was so old.. ooops..
anyways.. i still stand by my thoughts below..

Disclaimer: this is not pointed or directed at anyone in particular.

The biggest overall problem I see isn't even this site or any site..

humans have become a bunch of f'n whiners overall.. what happen to carefree hanging out and having fun? asking questions on forums and getting straight answers? being happy you're alive and have a meal and clean water to drink, calling it good even if it sucks?

the internets is one big armchair crybaby fest these days.. and its sucks to have to work at a computer online these days and read it all.. (sometimes the drama is entertaining i'll admit)

Advise: even if you're ugly, someone out there still loves you. so spread the the joy and stop whining, its just the internet or it's just life and it keeps going no matter what, so live with it with a smile.

agree with the last post PHPBB is a lot easier to maintain and operate.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Uhhhh THIS is another old thread.

Is someone running around voting on old polls just to get them to the top? LMAO

Premium Features