• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What are you guys using for jackets?

B
Dec 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
So on thursday I had a traggity with my current jacket. I was bent over the sled working on it (the snow was reallyyyy deep) and my jacket touched my pipe and melted a hole in the front of the jacket. Needless to say I was pissed about it, but it was getting time for a new jacket. So now Im faced with the decision of finding a new jacket. What are you guys wearing. Is it waterproof, wind resistant, How long is the jacket (I wear pants not bibs so length could be an issue to keep powder out). I have been debating getting a pullover instead of a jacket this time. Who wears a pull over over a jacket and how are the likes and dislikes. Sorry for being long winded Im just kind of pickey about my jackets/funcionality as Im sure most of you are. Also where are you purchasing them at? Thanks

G
Sep 1, 2008
I have been using the KLIM pullover this season and really like it. I like the fact that I can addd some layers or take them away depending on temperature instead of being stuck with a heavy coat the whole day.

offroadmatt

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2008
Sweetwater, CO
I have a Klim parka nice thing about them is that they have a snow skirt to help keep snow out. Length is perfect never had a problem with snow getting in and they are fit really nice. Plus they are Gore-tex which costs a lot but well worth it.

B
Dec 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I have been using the KLIM pullover this season and really like it. I like the fact that I can addd some layers or take them away depending on temperature instead of being stuck with a heavy coat the whole day.

I really like the idea of the pull over because of less zippers and like you said the ease of adding or taking away layers. Anyone use the HMK predator pullover? I notice its waterproof. Where are you guys purchasing your outerwear at?

Last edited:
P

paulw22

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2008
Grande Prairie, AB
Helly Hansen, Ski Coat with helly tech, by far the best coat I have ever own. 3 years old, still perfect. You never sweet and your never cold ,in -30 celcius I wear only a fleece vest in the spring unzip the vents. Best part is you dont have to pay for the Klim name. I only paid 250cad for it and you can buy them at any ski or snowboard store. Maybe wait till spring and get a real good deal

B
Dec 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Yes at this point I wish I could wait till spring to get the best deals. But the hole is big enough in the front of the jacket that it lets a good bit of snow and cold air in that it makes it uncomfortable to ride in. Any other suggestions.

B
Jul 6, 2001
Watrous, SK
Yes at this point I wish I could wait till spring to get the best deals. But the hole is big enough in the front of the jacket that it lets a good bit of snow and cold air in that it makes it uncomfortable to ride in. Any other suggestions.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/To-Be-Closeouts__W0QQ_armrsZ1QQ_fsubZQ2d999

ToBe is shutting down and Josh has some excellent deals on his remaining stock. You won't find a better guy to deal with. I've been using this gear since he started carrying it in N.America and I can say you won't be disappointed.

D
Nov 26, 2007
C

CuzzinOlaf

Dec 12, 2007
So on thursday I had a traggity with my current jacket. I was bent over the sled working on it (the snow was reallyyyy deep) and my jacket touched my pipe and melted a hole in the front of the jacket. Needless to say I was pissed about it, but it was getting time for a new jacket. So now Im faced with the decision of finding a new jacket. What are you guys wearing. Is it waterproof, wind resistant, How long is the jacket (I wear pants not bibs so length could be an issue to keep powder out). I have been debating getting a pullover instead of a jacket this time. Who wears a pull over over a jacket and how are the likes and dislikes. Sorry for being long winded Im just kind of pickey about my jackets/funcionality as Im sure most of you are. Also where are you purchasing them at? Thanks

I did the same thing and had my local dry cleaner fix it. It isn't the prettiest when you look at it from 2 feet away.... but you probably wouldn't notice at 5 or more feet. It works great and hasn't caused me any grief. My burn was about 5 inches off the bottom and 2 inches away from the zipper to give you an idea. This will work if you're not trying to be the prettiest on the mountain.

B
Dec 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I did the same thing and had my local dry cleaner fix it. It isn't the prettiest when you look at it from 2 feet away.... but you probably wouldn't notice at 5 or more feet. It works great and hasn't caused me any grief. My burn was about 5 inches off the bottom and 2 inches away from the zipper to give you an idea. This will work if you're not trying to be the prettiest on the mountain.

I have debated patching the hole if I cant find a jacket soon...(I ride every thursday, and some wedsdays plus the weekends so need something soon) but it would have to be a pretty big patch because the hole is pretty good sized. I dont mind spending a little money on quality products as long as they hold up. What do people think of HMK products vs Klim, same quality?

Last edited:
C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
North Face, bought on in '97, zipper broke in 03 so they gave me a new one which is still going strong. I have gotten 12 years out of buying one coat.

A

ak ryda

Nov 26, 2007
I wear an Arcteryx Theta AR jacket. Lifetime warrenty and it is so waterproof I have worn it as a rain jacket while fishing or in fall golf tornaments. It's a mid length jacket, I wear klim freeride pants and just cinch up the draw string. It is really spendy, but I have no problem spending money on quality gear. I also have a Tobe 101 jacket that I really like as well.

B
Dec 20, 2008
North Idaho

I just got one of these and I LOVE it! Keeps me really warm, to warm at times, and like you said you can take of layers which makes it great for all condition. I just wish that it had a waist gator....

Premium Features