• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 efi King Cat RPM's

What Rpms should I be running my 2005 King Cat Efi. It has a cpc can v force reeds, and thats about it for engine mods, I am only getting about 7200 right now, and I swear last year it was over 8000 the only thing that I have done is replace the rollers in the secondary, please help the sled has lost its fun factor.:confused:

T
Nov 26, 2007
Helena,MT
Ideal rpm's should be 7300-7400. If you were at 8000 rpm's last year without a pipe you were way over reving. The reed's should not change the rpm's. I know it seems low rpm's, but the new M1000 runs at 7200 rpm's stock.
Hope this helps.

Kory

I ride 8000 to 10500 normally, The sled is set up with a 2.5 challenger, cpc can, v force 3 reeds, a couple flo rites on the air box, and that all I can think of it has the stock pipe, the cluctching was dialed in for the track and I changed the rollers to the high torque rollers. If the rpms are supposed to be around 7300 I guess I'm running pretty close to where it should be. Thanks for the help. Since I have your attention what is a good mod, or should I say best bang for the buck on this sled?

Last edited:

00buck

Nov 26, 2007
I ride 8000 to 10500 normally, The sled is set up with a 2.5 challenger, cpc can, v force 3 reeds, a couple flo rites on the air box, and that all I can think of it has the stock pipe, the cluctching was dialed in for the track and I changed the rollers to the high torque rollers. If the rpms are supposed to be around 7300 I guess I'm running pretty close to where it should be. Thanks for the help. Since I have your attention what is a good mod, or should I say best bang for the buck on this sled?

RKT head :beer;

C
Jan 4, 2002
Riverton
My 900 runs the best around 7800 rpm's with an SLP single. Sounds like you put the secondary back together with the spring on a softer setting. I would tighten up the secondary first because that it the easiest thing to check. If you are not already running a Red/Wht spring, give one a try. They hold the r's much better and back shift quicker than any other spring I have tried. I'm using a Cutler Red/Wht and I am riding the same elevations.

It's funny you mention RKT head, I emailed them earlier today asking for prices and options. Glad to hear I wasn't wasting my time. I'll have to check and see what spring I am running but I would guess its the factory, it looks the titanium one that came with the sled. I think that I may have put the spring in the wrong whole too. I'm pretty sure that it was in the middle hole and now its in the one next to the middle. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

00buck

Nov 26, 2007
My tach reads 220 rpms high. Sounds like you might want to try less weight.

Premium Features