• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys Weight Balance Improvement

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
OK, let's be civil here. If you have nothing informative to add, don't comment. I don't think the weight balance has much effect, compared to the clutch gyro. Balance your sled by adding weights, test ride it and report back. I think you'll find the spinning primary clutch is the culprit.

R
Feb 29, 2016
Just so I'm clear here..... The same guy that changes a spark plug on a blown up sled and then keeps riding it... Is now here giving info on fine tuning chassis performance and policing the forum so he can "help the uninitiated to be able to tell the difference between real sled issues and fabricated ones" ? You should just stick to asking the questions and not talking about stuff your clueless about. Eric

The guy getting the new motor for $50 from Polaris was wrong? How about you just keep checking compression because that isn't going to keep it from failing no matter how close you watch it. That idea is as dumb as this one.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Whats your problem?

If your happy with your sled and dont feel like you have any issues related to the topic then dont reply to the thread. Its real simple.

For guys that really do want to get the most out of their sled its very clear. Polaris built an unbalanced sled. Put it on the scales and see for your self. Also the numbers are even farther off then that once you add a light weight silencer.

With equally adjusted shocks and a light weight can the right side ends up about 25lbs lighter then the left. You also dont figure the math on the total weight of the sled, you figure it off the combined weight of the 2 ski weights.

LF 137 lbs
RF 112 lbs

Total ski weight 249 lbs, 25 lbs difference results in a 10% unbalanced set-up. If you cant notice the left front is 10% heavier, then good for you! Some of us CAN and choose to do something about it. Eric

I too noticed this huge when i went to a light weight silencer, thought i was crazy for sometime. Still messing with spring adjustments but mostly just relocate my feet to compensate as best i can.

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
Just go ride a edge or older style sled and hop back on your new one and you will in love with your new sled! lol I haven't been in the sledding fun since my first kid was born 6 years ago. I used to worry about all this stuff and played around with stuff big time on my king kat. Now I'm a little older and just wish I could afford to buy a new sled and go ridding. Maybe in a few years I'll be back I got out once last year rented a new 600 pro rmk and my first powder curve had the sled upside down on top of me. These new sleds handle amazing compared to what I'm used to. Just go out and have fun that's all that matters.

Premium Features