• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best rear bumper

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Another quick cheap alternative,

*** BM bumper is far superior and their stuff is awesome, but if you are in a pinch or tight on cash you can also use a stock CAT M series bumper to stiffen bottom curled edge of tunnel***

I get take off bumpers from Cat dealer for $20.
They are strong.
They have all the main colors.
Run all the way along tunnel to running boards.
One piece extruded design so no welds.
Clean look.
All rivets are from inside out so no hardware showing.
Stock rivet holes on curl can be used.
Can install to leave a bit more room for large gloves when lifting.

Do you have more pictures of that sled? Looks like it has been "de-stickered". You can PM me if you would like as to not derail this thread...

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Question for BMFab- why longer with the rear bumper? Like stated earlier, the rear bumper would be about the last thing I will grab for when stuck (first if your over 40, I dont get it?), for me the only reason the bumper is really on there is for tunnel strength and the rare occasion that someone needs to be towed home. I think the tunnel is already scary long, I would definitely be more nervous of bending it with a longer bumper on.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I'm assuming the Light blue Powdercoating(BL05) would be the closest match to the voodoo blue? 110% ordering up a rear bumper and love everything about the front bumper except the mounting location since i've seen a few members have issues and breaks in that area(especially on the pipe spring mount side). Any remedies around this? Bonus that it fits with a skid plate as well.

Also any chance to special order black hardware/rivets :)? Thanks!

FWIW, Carl's Cycle is marketing a billet aluminum bumper mount that bolts on using a longer over structure bolt. It effectively replaces the broken tab.

Find more info here: http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412314

Looks like retail is $40 per side.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Question for BMFab- why longer with the rear bumper? Like stated earlier, the rear bumper would be about the last thing I will grab for when stuck (first if your over 40, I dont get it?), for me the only reason the bumper is really on there is for tunnel strength and the rare occasion that someone needs to be towed home. I think the tunnel is already scary long, I would definitely be more nervous of bending it with a longer bumper on.
Only longer to provide enough room around your gloves when you actually have to lift the sled from the rear.(we're talking 1/2 to 3/4" longer) I'd be all for making a shorter setup but then we're talking about removing the snow flap or bending the rear plate out of the way. Mainly for me I was getting at why people want the bent cross tube that raises it up 4 inches, when it's burried 4 feet down what's 4" going to do?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Only longer to provide enough room around your gloves when you actually have to lift the sled from the rear.(we're talking 1/2 to 3/4" longer) I'd be all for making a shorter setup but then we're talking about removing the snow flap or bending the rear plate out of the way. Mainly for me I was getting at why people want the bent cross tube that raises it up 4 inches, when it's burried 4 feet down what's 4" going to do?

Another question for B&M Fab........

You guys going to have any kind of "snowcheck", or "end of season sale"? I'm guessing there would be guys interested, including myself!!

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Another question for B&M Fab........

You guys going to have any kind of "snowcheck", or "end of season sale"? I'm guessing there would be guys interested, including myself!!
There is a snowest discount that I set up in our store for the forum but haven't had the time to sit down at my computer and do anything official. SNOWEST10 in the checkout box on the store will cut 10 percent off anything purchased. Otherwise not planning on running anything as of right now. Sled parts will start getting ramped up here in the coming weeks. Will have 163 axys bumpers and some other things in the works become available.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

Ok thanks, I am assuming you havent seen any issues with the length bending tunnels?

Fatdog, I believe they normally due a haydays sale online come early September.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
I haven't seen any issues with the tunnels bending. I rear-ended one hard by accident last season and it saved the tunnel for sure.

We will have a haydays sale yes but over the years we have backed off on the amount of discount simply because we have to survive off the income of this business, it's no longer just a after hours business. I could easily quit tomorrow and fall back on my licenses from my previous career to make income so this has to be worth it for us now days.

Bryan

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
What do you grab when you are stuck?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
My handlebars and roll it, or get a ski tug. There is the rare occasion that the track needs be lifted out of the snow but it is RARE.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I haven't seen any issues with the tunnels bending. I rear-ended one hard by accident last season and it saved the tunnel for sure.

We will have a haydays sale yes but over the years we have backed off on the amount of discount simply because we have to survive off the income of this business, it's no longer just a after hours business. I could easily quit tomorrow and fall back on my licenses from my previous career to make income so this has to be worth it for us now days.

Bryan

Bryan-
Lots of interest since October 2015 on the foot hold re-locate for the AXYS- here at my shop........and the beat goes on.......

S/C

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Bryan-
Lots of interest since October 2015 on the foot hold re-locate for the AXYS- here at my shop........and the beat goes on.......

S/C

Definitely hoping something comes out to move the footloop up about 1" to 2", and be a quick, easy mod. I would think most all would do the "upgrade". Cant believe polaris hasn't addressed this poor engineering blunder.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Working on that one. The orange on the site it a good match to previous years...but as usual Polaris added another orange in last year and this year. Just need to verify again and then we can add that to the rainbow of colors in the arsenal.

Premium Features