• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handlebar Question

Oct 2, 2010
Michigan
Alright, So my dad is leaning heavily towards getting an SKS this year. We both rode Summits the last two years and are used to that set up. We are also flat landers and go out west once or twice a year. He is about 5'10" and is unsure of which handlebar size to go with as he has not ridden a PRO at all. I told him to get the high bars because when we went to the sneak peak show thats what he felt when he sat on it. Any input at all would be awesome. Thanks

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Suggest you go with lows I,m 5'11 and really like the low ones. You can always add height (riser) to the lows not the case with the highs.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
I'm about 5-11 and am coming off an edge with 5.5" risers, so I like high bars. Initially I went with the highs. I attended the sneak peak in boise on tuesday and yesterday I went in and changed to the lows. I have fairly long arms but with the lows, I can stand at the front of the boards, straight legs, straight back, and straight arms, and grab the bars. Also, as mentioned, it's cheap to add a riser if you don't like it.

Premium Features