• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Watercraft Conversion Template

70ss

Premium Member
Mar 14, 2009
Anybody have a template for the engine mtg hole locations? I'm using a PAR plate, but don't really think that matters.

Thanks

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
I haven't heard of one. When we built them in the Edge chassis we mocked up the engine and once we knew everything fit we took 4 bolts and ground the head off to make a point. Bolt up the engine plate, screw the bolts in the case so the point was pointing down then once we had the center to center in the right spot and clutch alignment right we gave it a smack with a dead blow on all 4 corners. It left a center punch mark in the plate. Built 3-4 this way and never had any belt issues. this was about 10 years now though. maybe someone has a easier way to do it.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I did that same thing as r8n but ended up way out of alignment. I'm going to have to buy a new mount plate sometime in the future. I tried to weld the holes closed and warped the whole plate.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I did that same thing as r8n but ended up way out of alignment. I'm going to have to buy a new mount plate sometime in the future. I tried to weld the holes closed and warped the whole plate.

I think the next round I will build a nice square plate with recessed holes to bolt to the bottom of the motor so it sits flush on the all mounted up motor plate. Then do all alignment and scribe the square plate I built onto the motor plate. Then use a dowel center punch to get the holes just right by obviously removing the motor from the square plate, realigning it with the scribe marks and dowel punching through the mount holes.

Premium Features