• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'12 Custom Pro Climb 800

Anylizer

Lifetime Membership
May 17, 2005
Top 'O the Great Basin... almost
Picked up this '12 Pro Climb last spring. It had 138 mi. on it when i took it apart. Since I have a severe mental dis-order, that will not allow me to leave anything (stock), I'm changing it !!!! I hope "Obamacare" will help with the expenses of my mental condition!!!! LOL

Vendor/parts list:
Arctic Cat front bumper
Arctic Cat full skid plate
Arctic Cat OEM seat cover
Arctic Cat manual chain adj.
BDX front suspension
BDX lite weight brake rotor
BDX anti-stab kit
Ceramic coating & pipe tatoo's by Thin Air Powersports
Fabcraft composit idler/bogie wheels
Jaws full exhaust system
MDS clutch weights
Powder coating & graphics by Thin Air Powersports
Power Commander V by Dyno-Jet
RacePak triple window EGT gauge
Power Claw 2.6
PDP snowflap & vents
Shockwave adjustable helix
SLP SLT ski's
2-cool Air Vents
Timbersled Mtn. Tamer rear suspension w/ Float EVOL-X & Ice Age rails
VanAmburg Ent. Rear bumper

P1000246.JPG P1000248.jpg P1000308.JPG P1000317.JPG P1000315.jpg

Last edited:

Anylizer

Lifetime Membership
May 17, 2005
Well, here are the final pics. It is complete for the most part, except for some small details...
I ended up wrapping the exhaust, it is ceramic coated, but the thing is just too close to a lot of things to make me comfortable. The heat shield above the ECU, is also ceramic coated w/graphics... will help keep the heat away from the electronics.

P1000367.jpg P1000368.jpg P1000371.jpg P1000369.jpg P1000372.jpg P1000375.jpg P1000365.jpg

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Extremely sweet build!! But I got to know, why the SLT`s?
I have been thinking of those skis to, because i`m afraid the SLP PP will be to aggressive for my kind of riding. Do mainly forest riding, but also travel a lot after trails go get to the sweet spots.

Anylizer

Lifetime Membership
May 17, 2005
IMO... the Powder Pros are a very aggressive ski. depending on chassis and suspension set up, they can create tremendous ski pressure. I prefer light ski pressure. I have tried just about all brands/styles of ski's on various chassis... I find the SLT to be the most predictable ski of all of them.
To me, ski performance in the powder, doesn't matter much... it's on the trail & hard pack that the ski performance is critical!!! ...and as the name implies "powder pro" suck on packed/heavy conditions! in comparison to the SLT's

The depth that the ski bites into the snow determines how aggressive it will be. If you measure the distance from skegg/wearbar bottom to spindle mounting bolt, you will see that the PP is quite a bit taller than the SLT, which pushes up on the front of the sled , and pushes down on the rear of the rear suspension. this creates a very LONG, very planted, sled. I prefer the sled to pivot or balance on the center shock. This creates great weight transfer, with just the right amount of ski lift.
A.

Last edited:
C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
That`s what I was thinking to about the SLP powder pro skis.
I think they will be to aggressive for me.
The SLT`s are narrower than the PP, but wider than the stock skis.
And for what I heard, they are superb on trails.

Premium Features