• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Here is a way to mount your gps on your sled

M

monster967

Dec 27, 2009
Littleton CO
I saw a thread about how people were mounting their gps to their sleds but i cant find it now. Anyways, here is how I've had mine mounted for the last couple years. It works with any brand and model gps and should work with most sleds. I use the small bungee cord as extra security. I use a ram cradle without the moving arm. I am always flipping sled over and never had a problem like I did on the dash. The only downside is its hard to see, but I only look at when going slow anyways. I just have to bend down to see it.

M

monster967

Dec 27, 2009
Littleton CO
I'm reviving the old thread. I mount my gps there because it is out of harms way. If I kept it on the handlebar it would be gone within the hour. This way, I can still bend down and see it while I'm riding.

I use rechargeable AA batteries. I just keep an extra set in my pack. I used to plug it in to the 12v plug but it got wet and fried 2 of my gps.

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
I have a ram mount that is mounted to the side of my riser under the bars. Its is protected and has never came out. I do have a tether on it though. I have mine wired directly to the battery so no worries about batteries.

I

idahosledhead

Jan 28, 2008
I'm reviving the old thread. I mount my gps there because it is out of harms way. If I kept it on the handlebar it would be gone within the hour. This way, I can still bend down and see it while I'm riding.

I use rechargeable AA batteries. I just keep an extra set in my pack. I used to plug it in to the 12v plug but it got wet and fried 2 of my gps.

This is an odd post. You talk about a great way to mount your GPS, but there is no picture, link or description. ??

Premium Features