• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 D8 exhaust valves

S
Aug 10, 2011
Hi everyone!

I am looking to clean my exhaust valves, and change spark plugs.

I have search on this forum and others, with no luck. I am looking for a little help. I have a rough idea of what I am doing but I can't afford to mess anything up.

If anyone has done this before or has a "spec sheet" on the exhaust valves that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
valves

Remove the 2 bolts on the horizontal plain only and the valves will come out as an assembly. These 2 bolts are 2.5-3 inches long. You may have to work the assmeblies a little because the gaskets are probably stuck to the cylinder. Also if they are carboned up they may not come out easy. Again just work them and they will eventually come out. Lots of opinions on cleaning them with various things from Sea Foam to Carb cleaner. I usually scrape the worst off with a putty knife or something then I use a scotch brite disk in a die grinder to buff off what's left. The are platted so take care not to gouge the platting. Clean any remaining gasket material off the cylinder and the valve housing. I run a wire in the small hole in the cylinder that feeds gas to the valve to make sure it's clear. New gaskets and back together. Blue locktite on the bolt threads and torque to 10 ft lbs. Even torque on both bolts is the important thing.

You can figure the spark lugs out I'll bet.

Premium Features