• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 800ves in 05 chassis won't shut down

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Hey,

Quick question, probably really simple but it wont shut down. I put an 2003 800 ves in a 2005 IQR chassis that had a 797 in it. Pulling the teather or hitting the kill switch won't shut it down. Ground is hooked up to the steel over-structure but maybe something else is going on, i hooked something up wrong? Any Ideas?

Thank You
Grant

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
There is a big white square plug and then 2 3 prong plugs that come out of the stator. Make sure you hooked them up right. To kill the motor, ground has to be completed on one of the stator wires. I'll look tonight, I've got on '04 800 with the motor out sitting in my shop right now. You don't have that ground hooked up right.

sled_guy

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
Well i went and played with the wiring, a found the small round plug had two female ends and one male end, (one was blk, one was yellow on the female side) the male end was blk so i unplugged the yellow then plugged in the blk and BAM, everything worked like it should!!!! Im not running gauges at all so im guessing i have some empty plugs down there for that kind of stuff. But its figured out. Thanks

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
This is a good question cuz i have the same problem with my tether. My killswitch works but not the tether.

My guess on your end is your tether either has a bad connection or its bad all together because your kill switch still works which means you have a good ground and your making the loop up to the tether and kill switch but just the tether is not closing the loop making it shut down. Check that stuff out!

Premium Features