• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 600rr or 2010 iqr. ... Please help!!!

J
Dec 26, 2010
Ok guys I found a 08 600 rr with a 136 track usa extension and 2" paddle track. It was setup like this new from dealer and the dealer also dropped in the 600 r race motor new(it was bought in late 09 early 2010 and a 09/10 600r was put in it). It is oil injected, but no reverse because I guess you cant do reverse with the 600 r engine?? Anyway the sled is pretty much mint with under 500 miles on it. Should I be concerned about the reliability of the race motor?? What are your thoughts on it?? . I just want to see how tough the 600 r motors are. I can also pickup a 2010 iqr, . I have two 2010 iqr's in mind both low hour and mint. I think the iqr's would cost me an extra $500- $1000 , but then I wouldnt have oil injection, and I'd have to trail convert. How much different or better is the spindle/ a arm design on the 2010 iq r compared to the RR(again this will just be a trail/backcountry sled so Im not sure if it even matters for me)?? To me this is the biggest difference between the two sleds as well as the rr having the 136 on it. Let me know your thoughts guys as I need to make a decision this week. Im really leaning towards the 08 RR. Does 5K sound like a good deal on the 08 RR??

Last edited:
C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
True the 600r motor doesnt have reverse. The race motors run very well and seem to be pretty reliable. U can also make an 800r out of it! The front suspension is far superior on the 09-11 iqrs but if ur not using it for racing i dont see it being an issue. Especially since the rr's had shorter spindles on them from factory anyway. I would get the rr since it has everything u want done to it already. U r gonna end up with the same motor in all the sleds u r looking at so its a no brainer when u want oil injection, a bigger tank, and an extension for backcountry riding anyway. The race sled prices r taking a dive since the pro chassis has come out so 5k mite be a little high but its in the ballpark. Maybe talk him down a little bit and sounds like u will have a great sled!

J
Dec 26, 2010
Yeah I think I am going to go with the RR. Here are some pics of it. WHat should the compression be on the 600r motor?? WHat else should I look for on it when I go to pick it up?? Yeah he was asking $6500 for it and Igot him down to $5000. He bought it new in 2010 I guess and it only has about 350 miles on it. SHould be in close to new shape.

rr3.JPG rr2.JPG rr4.JPG

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
I dont know exactly what it should be but i would guess around or above 120psi. It looks pretty nice! just give it a good look over and make sure nothing is cracked or broken. Good thing about the rr is it has the extra rear cooler, good for trail riding.

Jan 10, 2008
That extra cooler is a hoax, IMO. But for $5000, not a bad buy. You lose perc but pick up the ability for the 800 conversion. FYI, there is a guy on here that is offering an 800 capability on the ho cases as well.

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
"FYI, there is a guy on here that is offering an 800 capability on the ho cases as well."

Really? That would probly rock with the added crankcase volume of the HO... Who is the guy?

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
U mite have to explain y u think an extra cooler would be a hoax... Thats like saying that U coolers dont help. Added volume is always better and the cooler is in a great location to catch snow flung up by ur track. Just sayin

Premium Features