• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tracks usa ad

W
Nov 30, 2008
Just about as irritating as these politicians that call my house, It succeeded in p*****ng me off in the first 60 seconds I spent on here since it was added, only opened about 20 times, ditch this BS I know the way to TU I dont need it crammed down my throat hint hint

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Ok i have explorer can some one guide me as to how to remove this add? if the others go as well so be it. any help would be appreciated thanks.

H
Nov 26, 2007
Close to Mountains
Prices are tighter than that... and yes... some people care about who their money goes to.

Were the one with prices that "are tighter than that" were they giving good info and feedback on this thread? http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217866

I been in retail for over 30 years customers today go where the best price is. They will tell you differently but it's about price. I've seen lots of guys drive 50 miles to save $20.:face-icon-small-win

Sorry you won't be able to convince me.:face-icon-small-hap

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I completely hated it on the right. I have not had ANY issues on the left. Of course I don't use a back button much. I usually open threads that I want to read in new tabs. If I do need to go back I usually just quickly tap the backspace button and it works much easier.

Just like any "media" site, the ads pay for most of the cost. Sure we pay $5 a year. I bet Tracks USA pays $400 a month+, probably more.

You hate everything on the right. *me pokes stick at you*

I can't use FF at work. That banner ad is so screwed up it takes up the whole page and the rest won't load. I can't even get on SW at work to check PMs because of that ad. Before they did the dog eared page thing SW was fine at work.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I dislike the banner flap on the left even more because I use the back button a lot to navigate back to the sub-forum from a thread. I hate trying to go back a page and having to click over and over because the dang thing thinks I'm on the stupid ad only to have it go back too many pages and off of SnoWest completely. Please, please, please make the dang ad go away!!!!

WE are paying for this site now, so we should have a say if the site isn't working as we would like it to. :help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

M

MNSLEDNECK56308

Nov 21, 2007
Alex MN
I'm guessing every time the add pulls down that counts as a hit, so they think they are getting all kinds of hits and good exposure, however 99% of the those hits are followed by swear words from us the customer. Not the exposure you are looking for! Your add followed by swear words. Makes us real f'ing happy!!!! just my .02 cents!

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
are'nt you the shiny new tool in the shop

A nice new annoying ad...

Now if all you basic members would have just paid to become "preeemium" members non of this ever would have happened...

btw- that makes no sense for a reason

but hey don't forget there is a wonderful new selection of SMILES to choose from when you create a post...so there's that I guess...

I'm thinking i realized this site was run buy morons and chose not to pay! Every other site i use (forums) works (free) and you don't hear people bitching!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Thank you CJ

Very cool!!!

I run firefox and it disappeared!!

Easy to re-enable as well!!

Simple answer and easy to do...Both FireFox and Explorer work this way.

Originally Posted by cjgodden
in firefox, got to tools, add-ons, plug-ins, click disable shockwave flash, and kiss the pull tab goodbye

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
I just did this with explorer (tools, manage add-ons, disable shockwave flash), but now I have a small box with a red x in the corner and everytime I change pages I get a message on the bottom of the screen saying that shockwave has been disabled....just trading annoying issues around.

We hear that their sales has increased since placing the ad. WHO has purchased a track due to the new ad???? I haven't seen any posts saying that someone just received their new track from Tracks USA since viewing the new flapper.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
I'm thinking i realized this site was run buy morons and chose not to pay! Every other site i use (forums) works (free) and you don't hear people bitching!

Shiney new tool?

Ummm did you think I was saying the ad was awesome and if you paid to be a member it wouldn't be there?

Because that was just exactly NOT my point.

...And I tend to agree with you as far as the direction this forum is headed...

I did pay and still have no option to remove this garbage

Dec 15, 2008
We hear that their sales has increased since placing the ad. WHO has purchased a track due to the new ad???? I haven't seen any posts saying that someone just received their new track from Tracks USA since viewing the new flapper.

I'm sure their sales HAVE increased. It's getting close to winter. Wouldn't expect anything else. I doubt it has anything to do with the ad.

Premium Features