• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Straightening/Stiffening running boards

1Fast68

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, WA
My 06 Rev's running boards are bit bowed, pretty standard design flaw IMO. I'd like to straighten them back out and add some Better Boards, WRP boards, factory stiffeners, whatever works best. I'm 260 pounds worth of hott sex, so I need these things to be solid.

Anyone have recommendations? How to straighten them, which to boards use, where to buy, the usual questions.

Bestow your knowledge / opinions upon me.

Gracias Amigos

IMG_1415.jpg

Last edited:
S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
I would use a deadblow from the bottom and get that outer edge where it's suppose to be, then add these.....I like how these spread the load on the tunnel. They come in black or raw aluminum. See the link below for more info.

http://xxxmodrods.com/_mgxroot/page_10793.html

Attachments

• S4010019.JPG
    S4010019.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 101
  • S4010020.JPG
    S4010020.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 100
  • S4010022.JPG
    S4010022.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
I just installed the WRP boards and love them the boards are way stiffer. FYI you can also insert a 7/16 aluminum rod inside the board edges once they are straight to help keep them that way.

I got mine from Go big parts and they had them out super fast and every time I order from them I get good service.

tunnel8.jpg

M

mastertech

Mar 24, 2009
Cambridge/McCall Id.
www.snowestonline.com
I would advice against using a dead blow hammer.. Thats alot more stress on your rivits and everything else thats not needed.. All you need to do is put a automotive jack under the bent down part and raise the sled from it. Give the sled a ittle jar by putting weight on the seat and it will straighten it out perfectly! Than add your better boards...

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
I would advice against using a dead blow hammer.. Thats alot more stress on your rivits and everything else thats not needed.. All you need to do is put a automotive jack under the bent down part and raise the sled from it. Give the sled a ittle jar by putting weight on the seat and it will straighten it out perfectly! Than add your better boards........or Monster boards

Not sure how big of a deadblow you own Master........maybe that's what's in your bottom drawer?.........lol. Actually they are quite soft and will return back to original position pretty easy......your idea sounds pretty solid as well.

Last edited:
R
Dec 12, 2007
Orting, WA
boards

You can use what ever means necessary to bend the factory boards back to spec. Then install "better boards". No more bending and no more snow build up. Good luck--Jay

R
Dec 12, 2007
Orting, WA
^ you can use what ever means... But those means arent always the best or the proper way to do it..

Im sure a torch and sledgehammer would not give the best results. Just use common since and the best means necessary and straighten the running boards. Then install your favorite snow eliminator/board stiffener. Gees :face-icon-small-hap

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
:focus:

I picked up a set of the Artic Cat Rail edges from the new M Series for my REV and then I'm having Better boards build me a custom set of snow eliminaters to go with them. I'll get pics up when I have them installed. But if you order a set from Freeagent they are pretty resonable and they are super solid. Plus you can get them in a black finish now!!

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
Guess I have been looking at REV boards long enought I didn't even notice they were bent. :face-icon-small-win

I use the jack and short piece of 2x4 myself. Works great! Those really aren't even bent enough to worry about to me. That just means you are having fun.

Premium Features