• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 XRS 800 dies occasionally

Hello,
Is there a safety that kills the engine if it overheats on these sleds? Sometimes, before I put scratchers on, only on the trail up to the top, and only if I am hard on the throttle , my sled loses all electrical power. Then it's fine for the rest of the day on the mountain. No overheating light comes on at any time. It acts like my polaris did when the stator started to go, but now that I have scratchers it hasn't happened.
The only other thing I found, and to me it seems unrelated, is that a stud that holds the headlight in fell out and wedged inside my clutch, causing terrible vibration. While it was in there, the sled would not idle down after a pull, but once I saw and removed it it idles properly.

D
Oct 13, 2008
Sounds like it might be the relay. I would replace it. It is zip tied to the frame above the clutch side cylinder.Some say you can get it at napa I believe the part # is ar 143.

Premium Features