• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 Turbo

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Any one know how much more sensitive these motors are with boost than the newer 8's ? and why . I just had my 9 out tunning with my turbo finally with just a stock head. Dint get the boost up to high, mainly just checking for issues so when my head comes ill be ready to slap it on and go riding. Just curious. Thanks

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
What is the compresion of this motor stock compared to the 800. Do they share the same head design? Just wondering if i can Run the stock head at any boost level and what compression the head should be at to run well at 10-12 lbs.

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
t900

What is the compresion of this motor stock compared to the 800. Do they share the same head design? Just wondering if i can Run the stock head at any boost level and what compression the head should be at to run well at 10-12 lbs.

Stock comp. on mine was 145 lbs static. one 800 i checked brand new stock was 130 static. I run 12 lbs boost with 100ll and an slp head that i modified.
10.5:1 compression ratio and 120 lbs static has been working great . If i needed to i could turn down the boost and run premium around 7 lbs.
I would guess if you are running stock head up to 10-12 lbs you would need races gas for sure.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Thanks, How does that thing run compared to a new stocker? Is the turbo what you hoped for? I am hoping mine brings out the power once the boost is turned up. Have you been up past 12? Did lowering the comp. affect the low end power of the sled? any new fuel controller #s . Thanks for the help DMJ1

D

dmj1

Jul 31, 2007
Thanks, How does that thing run compared to a new stocker? Is the turbo what you hoped for? I am hoping mine brings out the power once the boost is turned up. Have you been up past 12? Did lowering the comp. affect the low end power of the sled? any new fuel controller #s . Thanks for the help DMJ1

My t900 is unbelievable !!! I am totally addicted to riding it . I can honestly say I will never go back to a N/A sled again. Low end power is fine . A little rich just off idle but nothing i cant live with. Had it at 13.5 psi once but was hitting rev limiter. :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features