• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking at a 2004 Renegade 600 SDI...any input?

C
Oct 4, 2008
Minnesota
I am looking at a 2004 Renegade 600 SDI with 1000 miles and was wondering if there was any suggestions for or against the sled. Just want to see if it checks out before i spend the money. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

C
Nov 28, 2007
MT/DC
i got a 2007 600 SDI, and i absolutley love it. It has been the most reliable sled i have owned, and i think it has the most power in the 600 class...ive honestly never had one hicup with this sled other than a very minor clutching issue. My buddy has 2700 miles on his (same year) and its still pulling strong...

As for the mxz part, i have no idea, mines a summit....

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Have a buddy that bought the exact same sled for his "wife" last year.
Can't get him off the thing! He loves it, of course he's coming off a 99XC700 (yes they live in the flatlands).
Said power is about the same as his XC and handling is 2nd to none on the trails, except maybe a 121 Rev.
Depends where you intend to use it. Out West? get a summit. Back east, good sled.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, CO
I had the 2004 600 non-sdi renegade. It made good power for a 600 but needed rings at 700miles... went to a 144x2 and it still wasnt that great in the deep snow. on the trail it rode pretty good. I was very happy with its on trail ride. The ride back after a day of backcoutry riding was always smooth. It is a fun sled to ride, and being the SDI it will get much better mileage than mine ever did (mine was non-sdi, non-dpm).

I had an 04 for a couple years. Fun sled and a great ditch banger. The two areas I had trouble with was on long trail rides your knees would get soar if you weren’t moving around a lot, it was not predictable in the powder and it tended to dive a lot even with the skid plate and A-Arm guards. Took it out west once and realized I needed a different sled than that to ride out there to keep up with my buddies. Otherwise like I said, great ditch banger with plenty of power for MN riding. Good luck!

Premium Features