• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

camso on ktm pds

E
Dec 19, 2007
Hi,
I'm trying to fit a used camso from another bike to a ktm pds without buying a whole new fit kit. The forks and swingarm spacers aren't a problem but the strut rod is way to short. Are all the lower struts the same and I just need a longer threaded eye joint? Will it just bend sideways enough to fit into the stock shock mount? Does camso even sell theese parts seperately?

Thanks

Last edited:
M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
We have two 2008 XCWs with PDS direct shock mount and yes, the strut does have to bend sideways quite a bit to attach to the top mount. Don't worry, this worked perfectly. I called the Camso plant they told me of an easy way to get it to bend side ways. Simply hand tighten the lower rubber mount so that there's still a little slop. This allows the top tie rod end to flex to the right enough to engage the bolt. There's quite and angle after it's connected.

Can't tell you the length you need for your exact bike but our 08s would likely have the same strut as an 09 if you have the XCW? I could check the length if you want?

E
Dec 19, 2007
Thanks. I got it to work by loosening the bolt on the bottom and there is a giant spacer under there that I've flipped over to the top side to make the strut longer. then I left the bolt loose on the bottom so I could get the angle to bend the rod over. and once it was all mounted i tightened the bottom bolt tight.

the strut length looks about right the track sits flat on the garage floor but I have never used the camso before so is there a preferred angle to shoot for?

Last edited:
M
Jan 14, 2004
Put the front end on first then add the track. Once you have the ski and track on lift the back of the kit off the floor then slowly lower the bike down. You are looking for the paddles of the track to contact the floor all at the same time not front to back or back to front. Adjust the strut rod as necessary. Once thy all hit at once you are there. Fine tune with the limiter strap when you get out riding.

M5

Premium Features