• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Well?!? Are they as great as we thought...

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007
Whats your early opinion of the 18’s? Any comparisons to other brands?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Awesome.
Much better than the Axys. I have not rode the new doo 850, only ridden with.....

Only issue is the secondary clutch, not sure if cat will fix? Only a problem on steep descents. But i could see it becoming a safety issue to an inexperienced rider..

Mountain Cat

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I believe its the rollers catching the reverse notches in the helix. Doesn't happen all the time. Its like dropping ur truck in first gear while ur cruising down the hwy. Can make it hard to control when ur track is spinning half the speed ur traveling...

Mountain Cat

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
the doo 850 is a solid product if you can ride the chassis!
the cat is a very good contender with the new mid and low end power along with all the upgrades that came with it. i have the same down hill problem but i just tap the break to lock up the track when i don't want the clutching to stay engaged this brings it out of the hang up. it's like it is in a lower gear until you tap the break. a bit of time with it and it works like a jake break until you learn how to deal with it.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Coming from a Axys last year, and Pro Ride from 2011-2016 before that. Ive tried proclimbs before and didnt like them at all. Got to try a early release 2018 Ascender last season, was very impressed so ordered one. Recived my 2018 Hardcore EVO about 4 weeks ago, havent driven it more then 100miles due to lack of snow, but i really like it.
A little heavier then the axys, but its more balanced when its on its sides, and alot more powerfull in the engine.

This is a killer sled for sure.

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
Awesome.
Much better than the Axys. I have not rode the new doo 850, only ridden with.....

Only issue is the secondary clutch, not sure if cat will fix? Only a problem on steep descents. But i could see it becoming a safety issue to an inexperienced rider..

I've ridden all three. Power goes to the Doo by a noticeable margin on Dyno and snow. New Cat motor is definitely crisper than the Suzuki...top end power marginally better maybe. Axys still is the sidehill king although the '18 cat is definitely getting there. Doo handling is another category altogether. Definitely responsive. Takes more seat time to bond with the Doo. They're all incredible sleds. Axys does need some more Hp so maybe that's what you were referring to. Just my two cents. No large margins that I could see.

Last edited:
Premium Features